Problem with recording samples longer than 11 seconds

Hello everyone. I have been researching this topic for almost a day, watching YouTube videos, and typing in all the questions I could think of into the forum search engine, but I have not been able to find a solution, so I am opening this topic.

Problem:

I want to take a sample from a song and the length of this sample is approximately 13 seconds. I am using the direct sampling on Digitakt. I record about 20 seconds of the song through the Audio L input, and then trim and check the section I want to take. Up to this point, there are no problems however, when I record the sample, the last 1-2 seconds of the sample are missing. I have tried it multiple times and each time the sample is recorded incomplete and its duration is around 11 seconds. I do not have any problems with samples of lengths up to 11 seconds. As an inexperienced user, I wanted to ask you. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hm. is the project empty? Also are samples already loaded? You have 64MBs of sampe memory which should be plenty.

Maybe try with a new project?

Yes, both the +Drive and project memory are completely empty. These are my first sampling attempts. The project is also a new project I have just created, but I will try again with a new project. I will write the result here. Thank you very much for your answer.

I just checked and realized the problem only occurs when previewing the samples. There is no problem when I assign the sample to any trigger. The full sound is there. But, Is it the same for you too? When you preview the recorded samples with the func+yes combination, do you only hear the first 10-11 seconds?

Aaaaah, my bad… In manual page 27 it says:

1. press [FUNC] + [YES]. Approximately, ten seconds of the sample can be previewed.

Sorry for the headache. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Good to know !

1 Like