Problems with SPD-S drumpad"triggering" MD with MIDI

Hi,
I want to trig my MD with my Roland SPD-S drumpad, but these two things want talk togheter. When I hit the drumpad, nothing happens in my MD. I’ve tried to send midi from SPD til a Keyboard and that works fine and I’ve tried to trig the MD with the same keyboard and I works fine too. I’ve used the same midi cable and it works fine too. I’ve went to Global settings and sat up the BD = C1, SN = C2 and did the same in the SPD. I thought it was that easy, but why dosent it work - what did I oversee? Hope somebody can help me!!

Best!

What settings do you have on the MD in the GLOBAL > CONTROL > BASE CHANNEL?

What MIDI channel is the SPD-S set to?

HI Peter,

Basechannel I have “1-4” (I’m not sure I really understand the Basechannel thing. I’ve read the manual, but stil its not clear to me)

The Midi Channel on the SPD-S is set to “MIDI 16”

Does that explain anything to you?

OK. This means that the SPD-S is likely sending MIDI messages on MIDI channel 16, but the MD is listening for MIDI messages on MIDI channels 1 to 4 only.
If you can set the MIDI channel of the SPD-S to 1, you should be able to get a response from the MD if the SPD-S plays the correct MIDI notes or you map the MD to listen to the notes that the SPD-S sends out.

thanks!! - that works!!;)!

:+1: