Program change any bank?

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding program change messages from my OT to the MC. I have the MC slave to the octatrack. The OT is successfully sending transport information and controlling each track chromatically. However, when I change patterns on the octatrack the MC reverts to the corresponding pattern in bank A. Is there a way either stay on the bank I’m working in, or set a range of patterns?

You’re probably changing patterns which linearly map the OT’s bank/patterns to the ones in the cycle - this alignment can’t be changed

so teh first 6 banks in OT will correspond linearly to those named teh same in teh MC

to get it within your chosen non-linear mapping you’d have to disable the ‘default’ program send upon pattern change and send explicit program change messages from an OT midi track

so you’d use the first 96 program change messages to pick across the 6 banks of 16 patterns

While i was reading your reply i realized that I wasn’t changing banks on the OT. That is the immediate solution to my problem so thank you.

While i was understanding your reply i realized it would be better to use non-linear mapping so projects using the OT and MC don’t have to mirror each other, so again thank you. I guess I’ll figure out how to set that up later.

1 Like