Program changes and the MD

So, I know that the MD will send program changes when you switch patterns and it can send program changes from the midi machines as well.

However, I am wondering are there other means to send program change messages? The program change knob only does 0-127, which means that if something excepts parameters from 0-256 then the md will jump in intervals of 2. Can this be change in the mech setting in the global menu?

Reason I am asking is I am considering trying to sync a future retro orb to the MD but I want access to all 16 banks of 16 patterns. I guess messing around might lead me to some answers…

No, those are the two methods by which MD can send MIDI Program Change messages. What others could there be?

MIDI Program Change messages have values in the range from 0 to 127. What kind of parameters do you have in mind?

Are you confusing Program Change messages with MIDI Control Change messages?

The mechanical setting determines how many steps (out of 128) each turn of the encoders allows, not the range of values of the parameter.

It’s not clear from the manual for the Orb how more than 128 of its 256 patterns can be selected. It may be that the patterns are accessible via Bank Select messages, which the MD cannot readily send. Please post the answer if you find out.

It’s worth considering that the Program Change messages FROM the Orb could be used to select all 128 patterns on the MD, or that the Orb could send MIDI Notes to trigger the MDs individual drum sounds or patterns according to the MD’s Map Editor configuration.

You know i didnt think there was another way but i asked anyway?

Also the way the md works it does sound like its easy to confuse the two.

I will post an answer if i find one but i think ill not delve too deeply- the orb isnt even purchased yet(prolly wont be now). I do like the orb though. The glide works better and the remix is cool but i think itll be annoying to manually change banks…