Projects save as

Hoi guys , i have a question about save as a project… When i am working on a project and i want to save as my project To have e Back up from the project i al working on, sow when i do save as and i am start to work on thé save ast project… And when i save thé save as project after changing the parameters and all other stuff of thé project … My question is Will thé project that i originally was working on Before thé save as project i saved to a new project Will change to? because i have the feeling when i go Back tot the original project that i was working on it’s not the same ant more … Plzz help me …

You are correct. The first Project will not save along with the second one. None of the Elektron instruments have automatic back-ups. If you want to continue developing a project and also keep regular backups, it’s best to do either of these:

• use [save as] but return to the first project to make your changes
  • only work with one copy on the instrument and back-up regularly to a computer

I think the second option is better.

so in other words if i do e.g. save as, and i continue working with the file i saved as, with the same name but e.g. with a 2 after , the project i was working on will also be saved as i processed it saved as a file…? because I actually use the same kits or am I wrong…?

so in other words if i do e.g. save as, and i continue working with the file i saved as, with the same name but e.g. with a 2 after , the project i was working on will also be saved as i processed it saved as a file…? because I actually use the same kits or am I wrong…?

I think I misunderstood your first question. Sorry.

Here is what happens:

1. you create a new Project
  2. you save the Project “MY CLUB BANGER”
  3. you do more work on the Project
  4. you get worried about backups or “stages” of work
  5. you save the Project “MY CLUB BANGER 2”
  6. this changes the current working project to the new Project “MY CLUB BANGER 2” so any work you do here will be part of the new Project
  7. if you [LOAD] “MY CLUB BANGER” now, it will load as if at Step 2 because you only saved “MY CLUB BANGER 2”

When a Project is loaded, it gets copied to a temporary “current” Project location. You can do work on it and then turn off your Rytm, and it’ll reload (mostly) the same. However, you still need to [SAVE] this Project so that it “becomes the one saved on the +Drive”. This is why you are encouraged to save often. If you did not [SAVE] it, and by chance [LOAD] the Project with the same name, the last manually saved version overwrites the one in the memory/current location.

but I keep my banger as my banger and choose a new empty project to save the my banger project as my banger 2 , and then I continue working on the newly saved my banger 2 that I saved… if I do so work go is everything from parameters and etc also stored like this in the my banger original project or …?

and I don’t change banks if I have saved this as my banger 2 , if I have the 16 patterns in bank A that I made, for example, I also use a different kit for each pattern …

No.

This is a totally different question and not relevant to Projects. Can we satisfy your Project question before talking about Banks and Kits?

1 Like