Promo video for Moog DFAM

I like this discussion. A lot of it is contained in Simone de Beauvoir’s essay from 1947:

And generally speaking, a bit of humour can go a long way in serious discourse too.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

For this topic to remain useful, please keep the discussion civil and respectful as outlined in our forum guidelines.

https://www.elektronauts.com/faq

If you have problems with a post, please flag it for moderators’ attention.

Please do not resort to personal insults.

Best regards,
Peter

So, you’re coming to conclusions based on prejudices/stereotypes of men?

1 Like

Now you’re assuming my gender too, has the inequality no end?

1 Like

If the shoe fits :wink:

Seriously I’m not coming to any conclusions. I said maybe.

But it doesn’t matter whether Im addressing women or not. Im addressing those who take positions against actions for equality.

I watched the video and failed to notice any great artists, but there was a large amount of hipsterism.

2 Likes

Who is? Im not.

This quote is weird, tho, if you are. And if you aren’t, and just taking the piss, it’s being extremely unhelpful and not in line with the politics you purport to represent.

The Discwoman collective is actually well-respected in the US techno scene - they do merit an appearance in a Moog Music product video.

BTW,one of the individuals in the video does not identify as female - being identified as “they” instead of “he” or “she” is the tell.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s a whole new level of salt, even for you.

Were there “great” artists in their M32 video? Maybe Moog is more interested in marketing to people who can’t otherwise afford a Voyager?

That comment was to Ryan, lighten up

When it comes this, absolutely not.

Define equality. Because elektronauts seems mighty equal to me(I mean, some people are Elektron officials, and some people are moderators, and the rest are just the common folk- so I suppose, from a certain angle-Elektronauts isn’t equal- but it functions best with this unequal system)

Equality is when someone robs a bank or two.

Im not going to define equality for you, do some research.

I admit this board is “better” than others. On others I would probably be battling an army as opposed to a garrison.

No one is battling you though, we all want equality

1 Like

I did like some of the phrases they came up with. The bleepy techno at the end was nice IMO. As well as the trappy dubby glitchhop thing around the middle.

Advancing towards what? They will never again gain any kind of majority. The fearmongering about the far right is created by people with other agendas.

2 Likes

Edit: decided this joke would not be appropriate which is a shame cause I thought it was pretty funny

1 Like

Ok “battling” was an exaggeration.

You say you do then come out against strategies those who are fighting for their equality use to ensure their equality.

People have their own definitions of “equality”(some people don’t have definitions at all and are just using it as politically motivated euphemism) I just want to know what “equality” means to you.

When you say “better” how do you suggest this forum be more inclusive to people while avoiding exclusion of others?