PSA: Digitakt inputs not routed to main in Class Compliant USB mode

Appreciate the update! I’m so curious about what else is on that list. :eyes:

Just adding my +1, it would be amazing to have this function in the Digitakt!!

I’m a little confused about this. Am I to understand that the digitakt inputs are only for sampling? If you use an external synth that you’re sending midi to, the inputs only register to the main outs when sampling? So it doesn’t work like the digitone or tr-8s, which allow for constant input signal to pass through to the main outs?

1 Like

You can keep the inputs active without having to sample them, but they won’t be routed to the FX and are not available on their own channel if using the Digitakt as a soundcard via USB.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

To be fair, they will never be routed to the FX.
I think you’re mixing up 2 devices here :wink:

(edit: I just realised it might be you were just trying to clarify. In which case I completely unnecessary clarified your clarification. :grimacing:)

1 Like

Clarifi’ception :smiley:

2 Likes

Just read about the massive 1.30 update. External audio mixer, external inputs routed to fx, side chain from external inputs…
Does anyone know if this makes the inputs available when in audio interface mode?. It seems clear that the hardware is capable.
Cheers!

Yes!

does DIGITONE allow to record external IN via USB into ipad ?

i’d definitely imagine so, but i can’t say i’m ever really likely to try - whilst this chat is mainly about DT i suspect the answer will be similar particularly given the recent DT update if any owner of either chips in - i really don’t see that being an issue tbh

Yes, the audio inputs are included in the stereo out when using class compliant mode.
I occasionally use it to record directly to my iphone.