Psyntakt - psytrance patterns

I was curious if Syntakt is capable natively to achieve psytrance style sound. Here I made a 6 minutes demo how is it going.

16 Likes

this is great idea – i’m going to get lazer engraved P before Syntakt on my unit.

Nice! Now i gotta buy a Psyntakt.

Awesome! The ST is amazing for psy stuff. If you want to make it even trippier, get a MIDI controller and assign parameters to the MW/PB/AFT/BC macros. It’s insane.

I did a 3 song psytrance/psydub EP a few months ago.

EP:

Live at a psy-leaning festival:

2 Likes

yeah, i bought it with EBM in mind, but tried to sketch some old school-ish goa, and it worked.
basically, pair ST with some 303-style machine, and you’ve got a rig.
thanks for controller/parameters tips.

@BrianGrassfield nice work :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thank you guys! @chaocrator you can try these patterns working with a controller. Especially PTN03 and 04 holds some nice leads waiting for realtime tweaking. :wink:

2 Likes

FYI, if you email bandcamp, they’ll set you up to be able to allow ZIP downloads so buyers don’t need to rename the extension.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Will try then.

1 Like

This stuff is great. However, I have a specific and related question.

Some time around when the new machines were released I read on this forum SY RAW resembles SH-101 quite a bit. Is it possible to remake that classic psy trance SH-101 sound with the Syntakt?

Thank you so much. Unfortunatelly I was never have an attention to legacy instruments such as the SH-101 is. However I’m sure that with Syntakt you must be able to recreate that sound, hence the analog oscillators’ output can be heated up by the saturator/distorsion amplifier stage. Also I found the EQ really effective to shape the sound characteristics. When I sculptured these presets in this pack I was focusing more on building up the Syntakt specific psy sound rather then the well-known ones. What I would suggest you to find the SH sound is using the amplifier stage a bit more agressive than usual, and supress bands under 30Hz and above 6kHz as it will recall the aging flavor sound what these legacy units was able to produce that time. Use 12dB filters also. Hope this helps a little. :slight_smile:

Thanks! This is what I came up with tonight. I don’t make trance usually, so this is just trying out the SY RAW capabilities. With lots of additional FX in Ableton of course.