PULSAR-23 by SOMA

beat me to it

1 Like

Go!

But the P23 synth engine really sounds different than the Analog Rytm I think. More raw and deep in a way but less harsh. In the demos all kinds of interesting sounds emerge so sound design wise I find the P23 very very interesting.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, chaos and happy accidents are fun, but if and when any of you cats get your hands on one of these for real, I’d love to hear a slightly more sophisticated and intentional demo of what the Pulsar can do as a drum machine.

I’m loving the sounds I’ve heard thus far, but I’ve yet to hear anything that indicates any level of meaningful control.

Cheers!

P.S. I still secretly wish he’d left it looking like a rusty box with Sharpie labels (grin).

7 Likes

I expect that message has gotten through, we all get the wild extents, just need first chapters filled in.

1 Like

Oh joy, rapture: I just got the ready-to-ship email–two days after spending over $4000 on a new MacBook Pro 16. I thought I was like 6 months down the waiting list.

3 Likes

Under Midi control

8 Likes

Did you buy it then?

1 Like

It’s a reply to me, and someone else liked it–now I want to see what you said wtf.

Haha sure. You meant it ironically right?

Yeah, of course I bought it.

I’d’ve probably bought the MacBook, too, in any case.

1 Like

Saw someone posted this on Facebook:

10 Likes

YouTube, too.
Mine’s passed customs, so the real nightmare starts when they contact me for delivery, and I have to figure out who to pay and how.

2 Likes

It’s freakin here. Should I open it?

11 Likes

No

2 Likes

Congrats! Lucky you :smiley:

Full disclosure: I opened it without waiting for permission. Quick and dirty demo..

4 Likes

Keen to hear your thoughts once you’ve had some time with it. Thanks for sharing.

please box it back up and ship to my address

3 Likes

One quick impression I didn’t expect: using the alligator clips is quite nice. Vlad hyped it, and I was skeptical, but they’re only slightly more clumsy than conventional patch cables, while offering the easy stackability that my rack lacks (those stacking cables are expensive, and my local store considers them too unreliable to keep in stock for customers.) Inexpensive, common, and extendable, yes, but Vlad doesn’t note how the much narrower gauge makes the spaghetti that develops in front of you easier to see through and reach into and between than Eurorack cables. They’re easier to bump and dislodge, of course, but hardly what I’d call unstable.

Done!

3 Likes