PULSAR-23 by SOMA

But not as good as ‘fartologist’

3 Likes

I just got my Pulsar name-has-come-up-on-the-waiting-list email. sadly I just don’t need it nor can I afford it. so whomever is further down the list I’m doin my small part to get you yours that little bit quicker :wink: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Hey yeah me too, I’m a little short of the required entrance fee.
Gutted as I got on the list pretty early but can’t shift some stuff in time to capitalise.
I’m sure I would have really gelled with it and was really looking forward to just me and that box…
Pfff…

1 Like

YouTube video. As expected, partly glorious, partly a bit shite. I got my email and I’m committing.

9 Likes

this is great. if he did this vlad is a pretty great musician.

Apart from the sex and death imagery that’s the best compilation of demos so far.
Bonus points for the use of ‘shite’, got to keep that word circulating!

1 Like

I’m certain there is a hidden ‘shite’ setting on the pulsar. And I’ll find it.

2 Likes

Finally a promo video where it isnt just random out of time nonsense.
Looks brilliant. All Soma stuff is brilliant. I have a Lyra8 and I love it. No doubt this will be to percs as Lyra8 is to atmos

:kissing_heart: Can’t wait to get my hands on this. A bit shite like a chip butty.
In other words, delicious.

OK, I’ll bite: wtf is a chip butty?

Fried potato between two slabs of white bread. Add Ketchup/HP sauce to taste.

… damnation I fancy one right now.

1 Like

Same sent in my preorder email tonight, I like the more recent demos.

Chase that bad boy with a nutty buddy, now you’re talkin.

1 Like

Butter, lots of. And a cup of tea. And rain.

1 Like

Great post here exactly on this (posted by GYS on MW):

“In the meantime, I can comment a bit on the sound capabilities as it seems many are interested. I think the kick, snare, and hat modules on this are the best analog drums I’ve ever heard. Very impressed with the huge range of sound, but more specifically that it seems to always sound good. I make mostly dubby techno and house stuff so super aggressive drums aren’t typically something I gravitate towards. You can easily achieve big boomy 808 kicks (with infinite sustain if you’d like), 909 stuff, etc. With the drive knob down, it’s very easy to achieve “chill” kicks. Snare/clap can also easily sound vanilla if you want it to and I’m impressed with the range you can achieve; the clap implementation especially is cool as you can design pure snares, pure claps, or something in between. Of course you can get into other territory too with clav type sounds, chirps, etc. The hats are another highlight in that you can go from Kraftwerk synthesized style to something that sounds very organic/acoustic with convincing metal clangs. I have always had a love/hate relationship with analog drum modules as I feel they are either too “robotic” sounding and hard to sculpt into something, or end up being just clones of 808/909 style. The Pulsar 23 offers the full spectrum and is simple to get good results quickly. Another great thing about it is the compression that’s happening under the hood. You can crank everything and it responds by staying glued together. You can back off on some levels and you’ll hear the dynamics of the mix change. There’s a lot to explore just messing with levels of the modules and hearing how the mix responds to it. Hihats will start pumping around other elements, etc. It’s great. Overall I think it’s best to see the Pulsar 23 for a fully self-contained modular system and not simply a drum machine (although it’s great for that, don’t get me wrong). Once you start patching it, magic happens and a fully realized “song” can quickly come to be. I’ve only had a few sessions with it so far, but during every one I’ve noted that what’s happening could be a full song. The price is certainly steep and I’ll admit at first it was hard to gauge the value of the product when simply considering it a drum machine. But I think it’s better to think of this as a fully realized modular instrument in a small package that can do drums wonderfully, but can go beyond that with ease.“

11 Likes

Watched the promo vid again on a better system and it is seriously impressive.

2 Likes

They are near to be send. I received today a message that invited me to order (I was on the top of preorder !
But I won’t, not so convince that I need it.

1 Like

Please let them know if you don’t want it so that the next in line can order sooner.
The wait is hard for some of us :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Fool! This machine seems to be insane!

Not trying to push the GAS, just saying… That’s one of my temptations, but I’ll resist!

… as long as I can.

2 Likes

I understand you. But I have now a lot of gear, maybe too much. I must learn it and know it first, to have pleasure with it. Futhermore when I listen to the demos, i didn’t have been charmed enough to buy it. I don’t think that this gear is for me. I like the idea of playing with gear. This Drum sound machine is near to modular and that is not my kind of gear.
I already said to Soma that I left my place. That will makes a happy one (the next on the list)

4 Likes