PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Recorded some stuff tonight along with the Lyra 8.

4 Likes

So i have my Pulsar hooked up to the AR for triggering. When you do the learn what is it learning? It has to be more than just the midi channel. It appears maybe it is midi channel and note. For instance learning the Rytm pad will not trigger the noise when you program it in the step sequencer. I have to learn the hit from the sequencer to get it to play. I am also trying to figure out how to use the BASS module with chromatic mode on the AR. Does anyone have any guidance?

Thanks!

I think my Pulsar might have been lost in transit and Im not sure what to do. Soma opened a case with EMS and all they could tell me is that it left Russia and that it’s probably stuck somewhere. The Pulsar was shipped on March 12th from Russia to the USA and tracking hasn’t been updated since the 18th which stated (Released from Russia, Russia)

Has anyone here that lives in the USA recently ordered from Soma and if so how long did it take? I know shipping times are slower now because of COVID but I ordered a Pulsar from a shop in Russia in February of this year and I received it in 14 days.

Also has anyone here had a shipment from Soma go missing or extremely delayed? If so how did they handle it?

1 Like

Mine arrived within three days of shipment, from the EU branch. I’ve heard stuff in general takes longer from Russia.

1 Like

Shipping everywhere (especially anything involving the U.S.) is hit or miss right now. I’ve had stuff sit in Atlanta (which is 2 hours away from me) for 7 days. If the USPS is involved in any way, good luck. I think they will eventually find it but, it could take weeks.

1 Like

I don’t even know if the USPS has received my pulsar yet since that last update with tracking was when it left Russia. With my other Pulsar, tracking updated as soon as customs in the USA received it. This blows

Well, if you already have one, then whats the rush? I wouldn’t worry, USPS loses stuff for weeks, even months, all the time.

I also ordered an ornament-8 with it which Im pretty excited about and I did send them $3k which I will not feel comfortable with after the timeframe ends that I can still dispute it with the CC company.
So far they haven’t been really that helpful and basically told me that they fulfilled their end of the deal by shipping it. I could see them dragging this out for another 6 months if it is lost and making me wait for them to get the insurance from EMS before shipping the replacement.

Fair enough. I feel your pain :frowning:

It’s probably in the customs clearing house. I’ve had stuff from europe blip off the radar while it sat in customs for 2+ weeks once. Once they get it through processing, then the tracking updates pick back up. Try using the EMS tracking number at USPS.com and see if it returns anything. Good luck!

2 Likes

I once ordered an OP-Z straight from TE and it disappeared for a while and then popped back up once it cleared customs. They are not in a hurry but, I totally empathize with your anxiety. I keep telling myself I’m not ordering anything else that needs to be shipped but, it’s impossible. Everyone is feeling this right now. I know you don’t want to hear this but, try to think positive thoughts and occupy your mind with something else and as soon as you do that, I bet it will pop up with some tracking.

1 Like

It took like five months to get my Solar 50 but somehow it made it in the end.

1 Like

How you liking that?

I had a similar thing happen. Mine had left Russia but then fell off the radar for a few months and then suddenly arrived one day. It’ll come, don’t worry.

2 Likes

Hi, yes you are right. I bought it because of it different approach to the standard systems.
X-times 808 or 909 or mono basses … most the same in new clothes. Of shure the Pulsar is limited in it’s way, but deep drones and mystic sounds paired with techno beats and basses from Jomox, Arturia, etc. can work in a context.

Thread lurker, lurking out of the closet.

Been flirting with the idea of a Pulsar over the last few weeks.
I only had my Lyra for a month or so and didn’t know anything about the Pulsar until I looked up other Soma products.

I’m expensively tempted…even though it costs more than I paid for my Renault Megane. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Caught a :wavy_dash: VIBE :wavy_dash: last night

Edit: google drive link is better

6 Likes

Haha, I have been looking strange at my Tanzbär again in favour of a Pulsar!

2 Likes

I had to look up whether a Tanzbär was a car or a drum machine.

Discovered, at about half the price of a Pulsar!

Would not try to drive a drum machine :joy:

But came to my senses again, I don’t make music driven by classic drums and beats anymore. No need for drummachines.

I’ll decide after summer, but I guess I will sell some gear anyway as COVID will be slowly on its way out … :pray: … which means I can work out the live setup for my wife’s experimental theatre performance group. Finally! The big downside of the Pulsar is that it is too heavy to take on a flight, I need a setup that can fly easily in the cabin. Oh and for sure I will need a comp/limiter to not crash eardrums… probably an OTO Boum will be needed.

We’ll see, maybe Superbooth 2021 in september will bring fresh ideas into play.

Pulsar next to the Lyra would be nice anyway :smile:

2 Likes