Quantize all slots

I want all trigs in slots mode to trig quantised. Do I have to manually go to every sample in the Flex list and then change Quantize Trig from Direct to 1/16 in the Audio Editor? It works but it’s tedious.

(I do not have the track set to “Plays Free” in the Pattern settings since it doesn’t change anything in this regard)

@sezare56? Calling your experpise :grinning:

Hi @Soarer !
What is your goal ?

If you want to trig quantized from Slots Trig mode or external midi I think you have to quantize them all (I came to that conclusion a while ago, also interested in).

I think I’d use Slices for one shot samples. Unfortunately not quantized during live recording.

For loops, quantize to current position is possible, with an lfo on start…

It does if you play the slots with track trigs, sequencer must be playing.

Alright, I thought so. Would be great if you could just turn it on and off for the whole track. Changing them all once is manageable but if I then don’t want it like this I have to repeat the whole process.
I’m making beats with the OT and thought it would be fun to jam in perfect quantization.
Thanks man!

1 Like

Hmm - one possible way assuming you just want to play rather than record:

1. For however many sounds you want to play set aside the same number of tracks
  2. Set scale to per track, For each of these tracks step length to 1
  3. Place a trig on step 1, TRC 1st. (Not sure if required, I have not used PF in a while)
  4. Set these tracks to play free.
  5. Trig track when you want it to play.

You can then easily change sound on each track by using sound locks to select which sound you want. Or use slices - the advantage being xfader can be used.

Additionally you could set up a recorder track to capture your performance.

I think that would be a little quicker than setting quantise for each sample.

2 Likes

I want to use only one track for the beat and another for the HH. All other tracks are used. But thanks darenager. What does it actually mean when a track plays free?

Disconnected from sequencer transport., so you can play it manually.

2 Likes

Sample chain, slice mode.
Unfortunately not quantized with live rec…:meh:

You can also put “quantized” samples in a specific folder with their saved files settings (.ot files, Attributes > quantized trig).
This way they are loaded quantized.

2 Likes