Question about Digitone + iPad AUM / using FX on channel

hi, not sure if I’m doing this right?..

I plugged my Digitone into my iPad, set it up on a single channel in AUM as a hardware input / output. All good. But when I tried to add a compressor on the channel as an effect, it behaved quite strangely, and even created some weird latency delay.

Has anyone had any success running Digitone through AUM? My objective is to record a live performance on my iPad, but run it through some nice compression and live mastering plugins to get a bit more beef / balance / fidelity, etc.

Cheers

Have you tried the different INT to MAIN settings under the DN’s Audio Routing setting page?

Made a big difference, I’m reading the manual to try and understand the settings further - but I could do with a little help if anyone can advise.

Found this:

Didn’t actually help but instead showed a possible routing through AUM.

However I have solved this. I need to switch INT to MAIN to OFF.
If it’s ON or AUTO, it creates feedback which makes sense.

Also - I need to switch USB to MAIN (db) to +18 to match the volume level previously heard without connecting to iOS.

1 Like

is it possible to send the 4 tracks of the Digitone independently to the ipad? like multitrack via the class compliant usb audio?

No.

No. But you can use panning to split them into two separate channels.
When it pops up as a source, you only get L and R.

It’s possible… Use overbridge.

Can you be more specific? I didn’t think Overbridge was available on the iPad.

Oh, sorry I honestly had no idea…I just figured it was because Apple is so popular… I shouldn’t have assumed. I have a keys so I don’t really use overbridge but I saw that you could do this with it… Didn’t think about it not being for the tablets.

I’m pretty sure Overbridge is just for Windows/OS DAWs and not iOS.