Question about Overbridge and Analog Rytm

Can someone give me an example of this as I am having difficulty understanding:

Note that, when you route audio from your DAW into the Track output channels, you have to make sure that the VCA in the corresponding Synth/Drum Track is triggered. Program a pattern on the machine that both gates and filters the audio that is routed through the voice. If you want the audio to just pass through, you might consider using infinite release time on your Track Sound.

Also as the manual says I can get up to 6 tracks simultaneously at 24 Bit. I assume though I could track more channels by merely going back to start and turning off the channels I already recorded and turning on the ones I haven’t recorded and recording from there, correct?

Also on a Mac (so not ASIO) is the audio out include compression or distortion or does it? Confused about that part of the manual.

The statement refers to passing any DAW audio tracks through the individual voice circuits. It’s simply a reminder that those voice circuits will not pass audio until you open the amplifier envelopes, you can either use the envelopes to contour the sound or hold open the amp (max sustain, infinite release) after a single trig starts it. In tandem, it’s just stating you can use the filters.

Yes, you could do recording in a few passes, but you have to factor in that the FX would appear at the main outs, not individual outs. Also, you may need to consider how the compressor behaves when you have a different sub mix appearing if you are capturing the main outs.

The compression/distortion is definitely and only possible to record on the main outs, the ADC part of individual tracks is pre-compressor. From memory, (i don’t use OB, not working at all well in Max since last update) you can maybe also get a main out pre-compressor, but the fx routing in terms of digital effects is all switchable on/off per track

1 Like

Ah thanks for clearing a few things up.

I guess it makes sense for dry individual outs as most people would want to process the sound further in their DAW. On the other hand I can definitely see where one would want to record the FX as well if it’s integral to the sounds wanted for the track. I wonder how others use the Rytm as part of a track in their DAW that also translates using Rytm in their Live set up.

1 Like