Question about the headphone output

Hi guys

Ok, so I have been using my OT with only my headphones for a very long time now, so pardon me if this is a silly question, and I just forgot how things work.

But recently I plugged my monitors in through the OT main outputs. When I then plugged in the headphones afterwards, I expected the sound from the main outputs to go off, and play in the headphones only (like they would on say, a stereo). But the result was the sound from my OT playing in both the main monitors and my headphones.

So someone real quick – when I plug headphones in the OT, it still transmit sound through the main outs?

– Alex

Yes, this is to allow the headphones output to be used for cueing.

You can set what comes out of the headphones output in the mixer menu - any mix of the main and cue outputs.

Okay, thanks for the help. I just wanted to use my headphones in the night time, so I wouldn’t wake any of the neighbours up. But that is not gonna work if the music still blasts out of the main speakers while the headphones is plugged in…

– Alex

1 Like

Duh. I am an idiot. I could of course also just turn the speakers of in the night time :astonished:

2 Likes

fuck the neighbors ! … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: