Quick advice: MD UW MKII for 650€ – steal?

unit is in good condition but comes without receipt or warranty.
i found one in my area which i could pick up and compared to other prices this seems like a steal?

or whats the price for it so far?
hurry up, the seller is waiting for a response!
thanks

for an UW MKII this is okay.
In germany prices are about 750 to 850…

If it is technically ok without flaws, I would take it :slight_smile:

Check it has the + drive

indeed, with +drive it’s a good price

no its not. no +drive
haven’t decided yet…

Check if it has the TM-1 midi interface because without it and without +drive, swapping the patterns / song / sample in memory is going to be very long.

Keep in mind that a mint machinedrum (no UW) is worth 699 with full warranty, there are still a few of those available if you look for them.

Check all pots and switches are functionning well, although I gather those aren’t too difficult to change, you’d still need to be confident in what you are doing.

2 Likes

Also, without plus drive, you have 64 kits and 128 patterns in the box, if you work on several projects at the same time, this can be annoying.

1 Like

Keep in mind that a mint machinedrum (no UW) is worth 699 with full warranty, there are still a few of those available if you look for them.

where to find one in europe/ germany? seems like the first moment of euphoria is over and i’m encouraged to take a look for a mint MD out there. thanks

You are right that those offers are mostly in US, and checking again, it seems vendors are asking more (checking on reverb) by now.

If you really want a machinedrum with all bells and whistles, check for a good condition UW+ used one, otherwise you can try to negotiate that one a bit, it could be a good deal if it has the TM-1 and you don’t mind backing up your projects that way.

You could also check with Elektron how much they charge for the +drive and add that later on.

adding + drive has been pricey.
It would be great to know where they get their + drives from, cant be too hard to install it at home, as long as the part is cheap.
If it was me, I wouldnt buy it without the + drive already installed.

1 Like