Qunexus with DT + OT set up help!

Dear elektronauts,
I recently bought a qunexus with a midi expander to use as a midi keyboard and controller with my DT and OT setup. For some strange reason, I am not even able to get any sound out of the DT using the Qunexus. I have tried everything with setting up the midi channel on the keyboard to the one on the auto channel and all my settings on the DT seem to be correct. I think the main problem is that the Qunexus is not an immediate instrument. It requires some time to figuire out and set up, both the manual and the demo videos are not too helpful–at least my limited ability to understand them. I am not versed in midi , but I have used other midil controllers successfully with the elektron machines. For some reason the Qunexus seems to be somewhat ungovernable.
I need someone to guide me step by step for the setup of the quenxus. for some reason, I feel that the connection between the Qunexus and the expander is the problem. are there supposed to be flashing lights on the expander when playing a key on the Qnexus?
Please help!

much obliged

Did you ever figure out your MIDI issues? I’m having the same problems with my Digitakt and Qunexus controller as well. I seem to get it to work sometimes and then it stops triggering the notes. I’m not sure if it loses connection or what?

I will try mine with Syntakt the next days. Haven‘t used it for years. But there was a massive Firmware update. Shouldn‘t it be possible to just use USB Midi now? No need for the expander?

It’s certainly true that WITHOUT the firmware update, you don’t need the expander, but you DO have to buy a proprietary dongle that attaches to the right (mini USB) port.

Since the proprietary dongle was announced with the firmware upgrade (I think ?) I would assume that the same was true after the upgrade, i.e. that you still need the new dongle. Happy to be corrected on that.

Hmm … the proprietary cable is called ‘K-701C MIDI Out Adapter Cable’ but it’s no longer separately listed on the KMI website, it’s only listed as part of the upgrade kit. I did buy the dongle on it’s own (wasn’t really interested in the new firmware features).