Radiohead

Thom Yorke playing an OP-1 and Ditto x4 Looper

6 Likes

Whatā€™s on the left of the op-1

i didnā€™t even know this one contains new material :slight_smile:

While waiting for my vinyl book edition of Kid A Mnesia to arrive in mail, I found possibly the best version of OK Computer on Youtube:

2 Likes

I used to go see Swervedriver every chance I got if they came anywhere near my town. If you play guitar and donā€™t like Swervedriver, something is very very wrong.

1 Like

This is demonic.

Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for Radiodread by Easy Star All-Stars.

My personal favorite cover of a radiohead song

6 Likes

Yeah I always liked that cover

Would have been interesting to see what direction Radiohead would have taken without the influence of Strangelove, who they toured with.

"We toured with them and changed quite a bit after. They were inspirationalā€. - Ed Oā€™Brien

4 Likes

This is amazing, thank you!

1 Like

For some reason I just remembered someone doing Karaoke stating Radiohead was their favorite band and that she was gonna perform her favorite song of theirsā€¦ which was Creepā€¦ I thought to myself that she probably hadnā€™t heard a lot of Radiohead if that was her favoriteā€¦ But then again, it could just be that she had heard a lot of it and wasnā€™t into their more avant-garde stuff, which I guess is fairā€¦ BUT Still, Creep!?

Radiohead, Blur, oasis etc etc, all good bands but for me I loved the era before

The Laā€™s - Lee Mavers ?

And the Stone Roses and Happy Mondays

1 Like

Man I remember discovering ā€œfishing netā€ during the beginning of covid, and was totally blown away. I think itā€™s close to a perfect song, I wish a great studio version existed, although I think recorded Las material tended to sound sterile and never seemed to capture their magic.

Stoked to see this song posted!!

1 Like

Damn, never heard that. So good!

I really like John Friusianteā€™s cover of You and Whose Army

Speaking of covers, also love Thom and Johnny covering Portisheadā€™s The Rip

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s why Mavers disappeared, the studio recordings never sounded like what he wanted, he wasnā€™t happy with the album when it came out after many recordings and different producers and he disowned it

A documentary on Mavers was supposed to be coming out 10 years ago, itā€™s never materialised

1 Like

Somehow, this website takes me back to the late 90ā€™s, when we didnā€™t know yet what the internet was about really ^^
When it could be anything, really.

synanim1

5 Likes