Random "click" noise with UW

when I play drum sample with a rom machine sometimes I can ear a “click” or “pop” like an aliasing noise ? any Idea where this come from ?

This has happened to me before, especially when I was first getting to know the MD. Is it possible that it’s clipping? Otherwise, maybe try to locate the problematic frequency and filter it out.

I don’t think it’s clipping. this is a 606 kit that I transfer via sysex to the machinedrum. The artifact appears randomly not everytime, in fact it’s pretty rare but I hope it’s not an hadware problem.

compressor and rev gate box setting ? everything on zero? no ctl tracks active with some hidden trigS?

Check your decay settings? I can remember getting clicks from too long tails.

I’ll tcheck everything and I’ll let you know if it happen again thanks !

I reckon there are a couple of causes.

1. Filter freq moving to fast from low to high value or visa versa, this can create audible clicks, that are somewhat intermittent although my guess is it is:

2. A sample being triggered again before it finishes or before it has fully decayed. This can cause a sudden discontinuity in a waveform. Due to tiny timing imperfections it may not always be creating an audible click, just on rare occasions where the timings of the triggers line up just so.

Yeah, when I’ve had this issue with samples on the uw it’s due to the sample not finishing before it is triggered again and the wave doesn’t sync up.

You’ll probably notice that this doesn’t happen if you only trigger the sample before it reaches itself again in the sequence.

As mentioned by someone previously, try pulling back in the decay (and attack a bit if you can afford it). It’s a bit of a pain but you can plock those that need it and leave the rest alone.