Read before you buy PL-1 or PL-2 w/ double stand

Hey friends,

Just a heads up for anyone that’s thinking about buying side mounts/ears for use with their Elektron boxes…

I own a few sets of the E-RM Brightside which are excellent. I recently bought a double stand from the guys at Perferctcircuit audio (on eBay) but users beware if you plan on using with the PL-1 or PL-2 covers.

Whilst the protective covers work with the single mount, to my dismay, I found out that they dont sit or fit when using with the double stand from Perfectcircuit. The reason being because the edges of the machines are on the same level as the edges from the double stand which prevents the PL-1 and PL-2 from “fitting” on.

Not super important, but trying to save everyone a few bucks by not making the same mistake.

You can however do what I did, and superglue makeshift hinges on the PL protective cases so they can “hang” from the top part of the machines.

In my case, I used the corners of a couple of guitar picks and glued them on edge of the top left & right corners of the PL lids…

Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless…

Thanks for posting this.

Regarding the Brightside ends… do those grip tables well?

I wonder if it would scoot around while I hammer away on Rytm’s pads. The bottoms of those ends seem a bit slick from the photos I have seen. I like that they are easily removable, though.

Works a treat!

What is the width of the E-RM brightsides? I have some on order and was going to get some of the rubber feet on amazon.

14 mm

Thanks for posting this.

Regarding the Brightside ends… do those grip tables well?

I wonder if it would scoot around while I hammer away on Rytm’s pads. The bottoms of those ends seem a bit slick from the photos I have seen. I like that they are easily removable, though.[/quote]
I have them sitting on a glass table top so they do move a little… i imagine they will move a bit more if you punch in notes using the pads of the rhythm but they are light, durable and super easy to assemble…
furthermore, you can have them at 2 different heights/steepness. they are great and would highly recommend.

Just received my bright side stands. Analog four screws went in no problem. threads on the RYTM were more difficult. Overall i think they are great. perfect dimensions and i like that they are not difficult to install or remove. Kinda want to get some nicer wood and copy the the dimensions since the paint seems to be easily scratched or chipped and its just plywood underneath. I have the wood sides kit for the minitaur and wish it had that similar feel. Really appreciate it fits the covers. Definitely needs rubber feet though. Rytm is kinda unusable without them on a hard surface. Slides all over.