Reason 12 is coming... GOTcha

Not a granular type of person, but have heard good things about it. Mimic is cool, good algorithms, and together with the rest, as you’re aware, the whole thing is great for sound design. Whether you use it standalone or RRP, it is a fantastic suite of creative and inspiring devices.

When I make music on the computer, it is always with reasons instruments, whether on live or standalone.

1 Like

Grain and Europa were part of the Reason 10 release, it’s the version I’m still on.

139, with a big discount… ugh… nope…
Looks like i’m still on 10 as well, haven’t used for a while. Might install soon for old times sake

1 Like

Can you sort out crossgrade pricing?

Yeah its a lot. I am curious if their new sequencers and samplers make up for it, but who knows.

Reason 12.6 is M1 native now!

Apparently a ton of RE’s have been updated to be native too, even old/abandoned ones have been updated by the Props.

Maybe explains why it took so long?

Does anyone care anymore? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m happy on Ableton at the mo but have a Reason 12 license so might check it out…

2 Likes

I have Reason 12 but I’ve never opened it. I lost the love for it about 5 years ago. It was my first DAW. Really just loved having all of the instruments and patching up weird stuff.

1 Like

@Laser @d4ydream Speaking as a long-time Reason user who drifted away in the past year… it’s worth firing it up again! The new M1 version has been rock solid for me and includes some other long-awaited things like (finally) VST3 support, non-craptastic library search, and even some welcome UI touches like being able to filter between VSTs and Rack Extensions.

Not just a ton, it’s all of them! The cool thing is that the way the RE format was designed, Reason Studios has this intermediate code version of each one that they can recompile for any future architecture, so Apple ARM was “just” a matter of remaking their build server and then running the entire catalog through it. It was the same thing for high-res versions.

Also, for anyone who hasn’t followed Reason in awhile… Since version 11, the Reason rack can run as a VST inside any VST3-compatible host. It works beautifully in Ableton.

2 Likes

I was just watching Beardyman latest stream yesterday and he crashed, he says that he added Reason as a plugin to his Ableton setup and it’s not the first time it’s crashing. His setup is NUTS, so it might be because he’s exhausting his resources or something but just wanted to note that it’s not stable enough for live stuff, good enough for studio use for sure though!

I highly recommend reason 12.6 if you have an m1/m2 mac. It works beautifully on my 14 inch.

Can’t wait for their crazy new instrument to drop!

If you want to get rid of the license, I’d consider buying it for a Reason-able price. :blush:

1 Like

Let me give it some thought. I’ve honestly considered it in the past. It was my first DAW so there is a lot of sentimental value there. I also have some sketches from years ago that I’m not sure I’d want to lose access to.

I can PM you later today (06:40 in the morning here).

1 Like