Recommendations for new Syntakt users

I second the recommendation for Dave Mech’s courses. They’ve gotten me up and running quickly.

2 Likes

What do you want to do? What sort of music do you want to make? What other gear are you interfacing with? Is it your first all-in-one groovebox style box? What other music experience do you have?

These would be useful things to know.

Well I used to be a dj/audio engineer (production, post-production, mixing, mastering, audio design etc) till they stole all my gear. Since then I mostly spend time with midi controllers and DAWs. (Mostly Ableton)

About a month ago I got myself a microfreak which really dragged me into hardware synths then syntakt about 5 days ago. Planning to pair them with DT, DN and analog heat +FX for the near future and move on to modular synthesis. So yes, we could say its my first groovebox and hardware synth but Im not alien.

I dont know where this setup is going to take me but the plan for now is to improvise some ambient and minimal techno tunes.

1 Like

Awesome! I suggest getting across Overbridge. You use the plugin to separate the 12 outs, FX and external ins into multiple tracks in Ableton. That lets you use individual effects and channel strips in the DAW once you finish with creation and want to mix/master your stuff.

There’s no need to use the Syntakt as your audio interface when you use Overbridge, though you can if you don’t have one already. That tricks people sometimes.

2 Likes

I have collected lots of resources here, not just sound packs, but also paid and free tutorials ,and interesting threads and discussions on the forum, some of the links might be of value to you:

2 Likes

@plragde @infiniteposse got the manual!:nerd_face:

2 Likes