Recommends on a eurorack filter

I think this is misleading. With Dipole you can have one “shape” per filter core at the same time. If you set your filter 2x LP on one side and 2xLP on other side that is all you get - you don’t have acces to HP or BP unless you change topology of filter and lose 2xLP + 2xLP.
While with QPAS you have less control over peak distribution (both sides spread from central Freq) but have acces to 4 shapes from 4 cores simultaneously.
And this is huge difference once you start patching and I wasn’t aware of it before I actually laid my hands on QPAS.
So again these filters cater different workflows and necessities. That’s like trying to compare minivan with SUV - they both have 4 wheels and can transport people, but their use cases are dissimilar.

I specifically said you can have one shape per filter times 4 filters, how is it misleading?

Yes you have to decide which ones you want to use for each filter, but you can have one for each type set at each filter if you want.

I’m not saying it’s the same and I don’t think what I said is misleading.

Misleading is this part

Or better way to put it, this sentence cancels itself. But I think we have already spent too much time on this debate instead of making music with our filters.

Btw for a roland acidish filter I can recomment the Jove. Sounds not exactly like a 303, but if you feed it with a square wave, you definitly feel some 303 vibes going on :slight_smile:

They’re very hard to find though, even second hand. I’ve been looking for one for the best part of a year (if you’re selling?).

System80 have stopped making them and have promised a V2 design but there’s been no news since the summer.

I agree! Enjoy your awesome filter and I’ll enjoy my awesome filter :hugs:

2 Likes