Record all midi data from Rytm into Ableton, almost done - final pointer needed pls!

Hi guys,

Quick question, i have a project ready to record into Ableton, I’ve set up numerous performance and scene macros and plan to mute and use the performance parameters + live tweaking of parameters + kit reload to do a live take of the track, before editing the automation later.

Upon first trial attempt nothing was recorded, I then went into Ableton’s ‘configure’ menu of the Analog Rytms Midi track and pressed all mutes, scenes and performance pads so that they appear within the configure menu (see pic)

So now when I press record in Ableton all scene, performance and mute data is being recorded into Ableton, and it also plays back the automation correctly.

So; how can I make it so that every parameter of the Rytm will be recorded into Ableton? (I’m aware it will not output it’s note data, that’s fine)

I understand as a last resort i can press the configure button and manually turn every knob in every page on all 12 tracks, for Ableton to register it as data I’d like to record.
But would love to know of a more efficient way of doing it, as this can’t be the only way?

Many thanks :slight_smile: and apologies If this has been asked before, but I wasn’t able to find the right answer for me.

Or is the answer to make an Ableton template with every parameter already assigned via the configure menu for the Rytm?

maybe you can use the overbridge vst to access all the midi controls. Would still need to touch every single paramter, but at least on the screen and with your mouse, which would be faster.

Thanks for the suggestion @gubenhinden but looking for a quicker solution, if there is one :slight_smile:

Beware that Ableton Live can only handle 128 parameters per vst instrument. So all Rytm parameters won´t fit in one track.

Back in Live 7 (maybe you know that already), the intsruments you put on a track showed all parameters when you unfold “device parameters” arrow key.You can mimic this behaviour if you create an Options.txt file in

Windows XP

\Documents and Settings[username]\Application Data\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\

Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\

Mac OS X
/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/

with the command

-_PluginAutoPopulateThreshold=-1

more info https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/optionstxt-file-live/

looks like this than

You can (or can´t :joy:) see that this method shows all parameters in no specific order. Most of the times this is not practical so i think that is the reason it was removed as standard behaviour for parameters.but you can always edit and save your best of parameters.