Record audio into syntakt

hello, brand new to the forum. i see some mentions on the internets about using syntakt as an audio interface. is it possible to record, say, hydrasynth audio into syntakt? if so, could someone provide info or a tutorial link on the process?

You can connect an external audio source so that you can hear it through the Syntakt (and also apply reverb and/or delay to it). But it’s not possible to record what’s coming in (short of connecting the Syntakt to a computer and recording things on there, using the Syntakt as an external sound card).

In AUDIO ROUTING you can select USB OUT source : MAIN, selected TRACKS, or EXTERNAL (audio in).

So it seems possible.
@Humanprogram may chime in…

1 Like

Yes, as Speldosa says, it’s not a sampler like the Digitakt, so you can’t directly record into the Syntakt (except on a very short-term basis to the 1-bar delay buffer).

It works as an audio interface with either class-compliant USB audio (to a computer, phone, or tablet) or Overbridge (separating all track stems, to a computer), so you can use it to play Hydrasynth into its external inputs, use the FX block filter, drive, reverb, delay, and record that into a computer or tablet.

You can record MIDI onto a Syntakt track set to MIDI machine to play back phrases on Hydrasynth along with the Syntakt pattern. If you can say more about what you’re trying to do, we can help with more specific instructions if you need.

1 Like

…not into it, but through it…into a daw of ur choice…

warm welcome…

1 Like

Very possible. The external inputs are just two more ASIO channels.

ty for the reply/info. i kinda want to see if i can record/sequence the hydrasynth audio into syntakt. also trying to minimize inputs into audio interface/ipad/laptop

I’m 90% sure you can do audio source > syntakt in > usb audio > DAW. In other words yes you can use the syntakt or any other elektron box capable of audio over usb as a means of recording external audio

i will try that

It sounds like what you want to do is sequencing (recording midi notes and parameters that play back live through the synth) rather than recording (that is, recording audio as a WAV file)?

Syntakt can do the former (though it’s limited to 4 note polyphony per track). You can set a Syntakt track to output midi (choose the channel in that track’s SYN page), and to play the notes in from Hydrasynth’s keyboard, you’d use the MIDI config menu to pick the channel for incoming midi commands per track.

@wYthr did you originally mean recording “into” the ST as a sampler or “through” as an audio interface ?
(I understood through)