Record phone to cloud

Hi! I used to have the voicememofolder directly linked to ableton but that dont work anymore since updating to catalina. The folder is greyed out on my macbook. Probably some simple fix with that.
But now I use a windows laptop too so what I want is:
Record with something simple like voicememo on iphone that saves the clips automatically to a folder in google drive.

Should work with a synced cloud folder that you can access from ableton :thinking:

1 Like

I have a folder on Dropbox for all my music stuff, it’s super easy to drag and drop files to and from the Dropbox and I have the folder in Ableton Live for easy access.

1 Like

Maybe im not very clear. Its just a couple of taps to export clips from voicememo to drive but I want it easier. I want 1. record on voicememo or similar ios app. 2. The recorded clip is automatically saved to a folder in google drive thats linked to ableton. No dragging or nothing cuz then it wont happen cuz I get confused. Thats what I had running before on iphone and macbook but now its also a windows laptop in the game so therefore im thinking about drive that I use. But im flexible. Any other ios app to other clouds work. I just want to record=done.

You could probably automate it with IFTTT (If this then that) app which chains events together, I’ve not used it for years though:

Or, Apple’s Shortcuts App does similar I think. Or just save the voice recording to iCloud and access that from Windows laptop via a browser.

1 Like

Cool thanks all. Gonna mess around tonight. If I get the voicememo to macbook working again ill should be able to sync that to drive probably. Was just hoping for something supereasy that I missed.

Just Press Record is great. It saves to an iCloud folder, which you can add to Ableton’s sidebar.

1 Like