Recording/editing parameter lock steps not deleting and not even playing while editing

Two issues here. When trying to add parameter locks to a step I get the step to go green/yellow, but then the note for that track is muted so I have no way of knowing what the parameter lock adjustments sound like. I have to make changes to parameter lock and then get out of parameter lock mode and then re-add the note/step. Also, when I try and delete the parameter lock, it appears to be removed from the note/step but still plays - can’t remove it, even when I press the parameter knob and see the changed value that was inverted go back to being un-inverted and showing the default parameter value. I have to go back in and edit the parameter lock so it is the same as the default parameters on all the other notes/steps/ . What am I doing wrong here please?

You are changing a trig into a trigless trig (a lock-trig) that’s why the note doesn’t sound: it isn’t trigged anymore. You don’t need to do that: just hold the (red) trig and change the parameters you want to lock on that step.

1 Like

Thanks, that works. So my question now is, what would the point of putting a green trig (parameter lock with no note) be.

To simulate automation unrelated to playing a note. Imagine you have a note on Trig 1 with a long sustain / release, and you want to change the filter cutoff over the course of that bar.

1 Like

Ahhhhh, now I get it. Thanks all!

1 Like