Recording exernal midi patterns to Syntakt

I have my OPZ and Syntakt talking really nicely to each other. I have the OPZ sequencing the Syntakt and hoped that by arming the Syntakt record button I’d be able to record some of the patterns back into the Syntakt. However it doesn’t seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

Live-Recording Mode = Rec+Play-Button

Thanks I’ll try that, though it may make it difficult to sync the pattern if I have to press play on both machines at the same time…

You can always nudge the whole sequence to the left or right when the recording is done.

I found a workaround to cue recording : using a long PREROLL (up to 16 bars) in metronome menu, CLICK ON (eventually set its volume to 0).

Press REC+PLAY > PREROLL starts
Press OPZ PLAY > Recording starts directly

(OPZ master, ST slave)

3 Likes

You can start the recording anytime during Preroll, you just have to play a note? Nice! I wasn’t aware.

Edit : @eangman should add a note after this text :

PREROLL BARS controls for how many bars the metronome will sound before the sequencer starts playing. This setting is only relevant when you are in LIVE RECORDING mode.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try this and see if I can get it to work.

1 Like

It should work if ST is already synced with OPZ clock and transport.

I think it should be also possible to record OPZ notes with ST master, if OPZ can be slaved.