Recording Rytm to Digitakt

Hey, if Digitakt and Rytm run via Overbridge and I have connected the Rytm with its outputs to the Digitakt, can I then normally pick up the signal from the Rytm via the Digitakt? So it is wired from the output Rytm to the input Digitakt.

The aim is to sample the Rytm MK1 with the Digitakt, but while Overbridge is running. Yes, I know you could also record it directly with the DAW, but I don’t want that because I want the recordings directly in Digitakt so that I can use them creatively there …
Greetings, Rob

If you’re using Overbridge with your DAW, why not connect the analog outs of the Rytm to the Digitakt and sample into the DT this way?

1 Like

Hey, that’s exactly what I described and just asked myself whether that would also be possible with the recording … the question may be a bit off, but the Digitakt is only coming today and so I don’t quite know how it all works :wink:

Yep, if you connect the Rytm’s analog outs to DT’s inputs (as @CCMP says), you’ll have two options at all times with OB running. Either record the Rytm directly into your DAW through DT or sample directly into DT in the usual way if you want to playback/manipulate Rytm stuff using DT tracks.

2 Likes

The Digitakt has now arrived and it works wonderfully - many thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

…30 seconds max in realtime recording buffer on dt…mono only…

so pick single beauty one shot hits from the rytm…

and keep in mind…u can then do also the backwards trick…

some truu analog sounds, resampled, treated with some sample tricks and resampled back into the rytm…makes pretty unique sounddesign results…once underlaying the realtime analog drum engine again…

1 Like

Good idea to sample the whole thing back into the rytm, but I have the MK1, I think then I would have to export that from the DAW first in order to get the sample into the rytm via transfer. That definitely damages my workflow.

The thing with the Digitakt is already profitable in production because I don’t like to use foreign samples. I also use it to sample the Four and Digitone to get interesting structures, which works great with the Digitakt through the pseudo granular synthesis, which I adapt to the Rytmik and softly add with the filter and automate with the LFOs.

…yup…with mk1, too much hussel…