Recording volume via USB to Overbridge or iPhone very low

Hello,

I’m been trying to record a tune via my Digitakt’s USB to my iPhone and also via my laptop via Overbridge, but the volume is so low and I have no idea where to check to fix this, I’ve spent the past few hours trying to fix this but still no joy.

I have my Digitone going into my Digitakt for the compressor and using the USB port from there to my iPhone or laptop and get the same low volume results on either device.

This is my setup:

I was wondering if there is a few simple checks I can try to fix this issue as I’m out of ideas.

Thanks

Add gain at the receiving end, there are a lot of topics for all devices discussing the high headroom design - that’s the price you pay for a particular design incorporating many tracks

I guess if you normalise a white noise sample to FS and max the gain stages all the way to the mains you’ll see how the headroom looks at close-ish on average to best case (overlooking compression etc) - then it’d be a case of starting from that foundation and working with it (whether ideal or not) … ymmv - but each track can’t be captured at Full Scale and obviously gain added internally as opposed to externally is no different except for convenience (and the less desirable outcome for Elektron with their devices potentially clipping as users pile on the gain)

Just offering a different way to approach thinking about this - you should browse teh other topics on this for more insights from those who work with it

1 Like

Sorry a bit off topic but as we have virtually identical setups including the audio and midi connections, I’d be interested to know if you notice any laggy behaviour on the Digitone when recording multitrack into a DAW via Overbridge. I definitely get it, probably because I’m using the T-1 for sequencing which spits out a lot of midi. According one or two posts on this forum, there is a midi (bandwidth?) limit with Overbridge.
cheers