Registering a elektron digitakt, free sound pack?

hello elektronauts, can you help?,ive recently registered a new digitatk but i did not get any free sound packs/demos as with model cycles/samples i did get 2 free sound packs to get me started, do you get any sound packs or demos with the digitakt? to get me started in the world of samples?. or do i need to chase it up via support…Thanks

I don’t know if you get any extra sound packs, but it does come with some samples inside of it already. Was the place you bought if from advertising free sound packs with purchase? I guess I have never received free sound packs with my Elektron purchases, besides the factory content. But that isn’t to say that they haven’t run promo’s in the past, or are running promo’s now.

1 Like

There are a couple of free sound packs among the paid ones for Digitakt on the Elektron website.

2 Likes

Good point, I forgot that there are some free sound packs on the site.

1 Like

I think your point about the factory content is a good one. Mine should be delivered soon, and I plan to spend a lot of time with that, plus a small number of samples that I make myself.

2 Likes

thanks for speedy reply, its just that after i had registered the cycles and the samples i had 2 free sound packs and lots of demos in my sound packs [pull down] section when logged in to the elektron site, but after i registered this new digitakt…nothing?..there are all the factory samples intact onboard the digitakt as i done a factory reset and all ok, could it be because its 2nd hand and the 1st registration/owner got em?

AFAIK Model:Samples sound packs should work fine with DT. There should be some free packs specifically for DT on the website though!

2 Likes

EXCELLENT NEWS! .will do thanks for that info as was not sure as all WAVs, will give that a go. Thanks 4 heads up!

1 Like

They used to have different labels but seems now they have it in the description instead:

“”“While formatted for Model:Samples, the sound files of this Sound Pack are also compatible with Digitakt, Octatrack, Analog Rytm, and any other sampler that handles WAV files.”""

2 Likes

The same way you got free sound packs for the M:C (I don’t know about the M:S) is the way you get them for the Digitakt. There are two in there (Aotearoa, Modub) among the paid packs.

Apart from the factory samples, there should be two banks of factory patterns, but I don’t know if a factory reset will restore those. (Is it even possible to delete the factory samples? From reading it appears not.)

1 Like

My Sound Packs

Sound Pack
[Bonus Level - Free Sound Pack by Skudge] came with :samples
[Multi:Cycled - Free Pack by Elektron Staff] come with the :cycles,and then theres lots of demo packs [u get bits of]

Also random tangent but if you want some quality sounds, Electronisounds has an excellent sound pack for the DT and really good instructions on how to load everything!

It’s not just WAV files. Everything is optimized for space and the sysex has nice settings out of the box. Really brought my DT to life…

The DT pack is $50 so see what you can get out of your free samples first.

1 Like

thanks, yes that vid is the best 1 Ive found on YouTube showing how install sound packs on 2 DT