Replace DC Power Jack

Hi everyone,

Been having some issues with my Digitakt powering on and off if I move the unit… power cable sits very loose / wobbly in the DC Jack.

Has anyone had any experience with this? (I saw the thread regarding the faulty PSU, but I’m positive it’s the jack)

Any idea how much this will cost to repair / if it can be done locally by an electronics repair shop? Any help appreciated… thanks in advance -

On the older units like ot or md repair is quite easy. The jack is placed on a little pcb. Should be 20-30€ max at a local repair shop.

Hey, appreciate your thoughts. It’s on a 2017 Digitakt though, does that change anything you think??

Just pull of the encoder caps and loosen the screws to have a look inside. Easy manouver. Or can anyone else enlighten us? Do not own a DT yet.

It’s an easy fix but most shops will charge you a minimum hour of labor so you’re looking at closer to $70-$100 to repair it. It a very easy and cheap repair but those shops are barely getting by as is so they have to charge more for the time.

You’d be better off if you had a friend who could do it for you or if you learned to solder and source parts yourself :wink:

I’m sure if you contact elektron support you can get it easily fixed. Your digitakt should still be under the 3 year warranty as all current existing digitakt are under 3 years old. Even if you bought the unit used the warranty is transferable. This is likely a warranty covered repair which should cost you nothing or only shipping one way.

2 Likes

Thanks for your responses everyone. I have opened a ticket with Elektron and they’ve been really helpful. Here’s to hoping they’ll take care of me under warranty.

2 Likes

Did you get this done? I have the same problem on my Digitone. I opened it up, can see the part clearly, can see how easy it would be de-solder/re-solder BUT I have no idea of what the name/specs of this power jack component is, so I don’t know what to order!

I would open a support ticket with Elektron and ask if they can send you the correct part. I’ve done this when I needed to replace various buttons etc on Elektron machines, their support service is great.

1 Like

Have done, thanks!

1 Like