Restrictions are for the dreamless

I’m so confused now… I was convinced that it would be a Digitone Keys but DT & DN falling from sky and zoom into hole… a digi-trinity? Well, maybe it’s just OB and big update (which can be awesome too), I better calm down.

I’ll guess a sampling/(wave?) digitone with granular sensibilities but only like 4-8 voices
Named digistrike

1 Like

And those stripes, it could be keys ?

1 Like

It would be great news for a good update of the OT, but I do not have many expectations. Although as the video says, “Restrictions are for the dreamless”

The audio seems between an analog synthesizer and a sampler for me.

I want to believe they will keep updating the OS, maybe like Novation is doing, but please no more hardware! :rofl:

3 Likes

haha that’s quite true, maybe it’s time to focus on OS updates and OB, we have hardware for long and they have a lot of potential.

1 Like

I agree with you, since I need nothing more and more than everything not more temptation.

1 Like

looks like Thomann removed the Digitone Keys from the autocomplete in the search bar.

Hector is back!

3 Likes

Model: taktone - will be epic

Seriously though, my hopes are up for DT engines and DN updates.

3 Likes

If they release a Digitone Keys maybe it comes with a SO update. As said above, Digitone and Digitakt have some functionalities that could be shared (compressor for DN, FXable inputs and more pages for DT, etc.).

Digitone could be updated with more synthesis engines MnM style, Digitakt could have synthesis engines as well like MD…

And the Octatrack has some restrictions that could be unlocked, Elektron!!!

4 Likes

One can dream but the OT ain’t getting anything new.

3 Likes

With all those possibilities, you’re bound to be disappointed. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Anything would be welcome, anything but a screensaver.

3 Likes

With low expectations you won’t be disapointed.
My guess is a 18 track octatrack with additional 8 track, 12 voice digitone with portamento, 4 stereo input pairs, 8 outputs, and the formant voice from the monomachine as bonus. In orange.

7 Likes

If you expect that to be orange you´ll be disappointed. It´s surely going to be white.

2 Likes

and under 500€

3 Likes

I’m sticking to this. I’m guessing we’re getting a big Digitone update that unlocks features like operator ratios and adds some new features. Possibly even Overbridge release.

I still think there’s a new piece of hardware to come. Not sure if it’s a Digitone Keys. I’d wager it’s something different.

6 Likes

I´d like a performance mixer as well. C´mon Elektron, make me happy!

1 Like