Retriger ARP with LFO

Hello!

in DN, can you retriger arpegiator (and/or change arp speed) with LFO, or is it only possible to do it manually?

Why - I want to trig sounds off-grid up to higher speeds like Second Woman/Gabor lazar/snd are often doing;

Thank you,
T

You couldn’t automate it but you could get a similar sound just by adjusting the tempo as you go. You might be able to imitate the arp retriggering using an exponential lfo to the volume of the track. You could then use the second LFO to modulate the speed of the first.

1 Like

I don’t have a tip but I love to see someone pulling out second woman as a reference

Yep, this is the way I do it. The bonus being if you use the poly LFO mode and a random shape to control the speed of the other LFO, each voice will play at different speeds.

1 Like

Will try that, thanks for poly-LFO suggestion

Apparently the simplest way to do this would be max/msp, but I want to achieve it with hardware.
Will also try to build a simple patch in Axoloti to change midi bmp of DN with it (hopefully changing speed of individual track), as I have one lying around already with Axocontrol knobs.

love these guys, great to see them get a mention here. as you said, im pretty certain snd/mark fell and gabor lazar are purely Max, and im sure i read an interview with second woman that mentioned a use of, amongst other things, the K-Devices (M4L) tools for much of their stuff