Reverb and Delay Pedals

Useful tool StudioCode - Mercury7 editor
Secondary layer is for expression :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The Space also gives you visual parameter feedback, which is very helpful because the parameters are sometimes different on different algorithms.

Both great pedals, if I could only afford to have one it would be the Space I think, it just does more stuff. Merc7 does sound lovely though.

2 Likes

Really nice thread!

I like the new Chase Bliss one so far. I own the Strymon Timeline and love it. Still not shure if I will pick the Strymon or something else.

Long shot here.

I’m not into boutique pedals, so I thought I’d ask here, especially since lofi delay FX pedals are popular.

There was a one-man pedal-maker, from Midwest USA who made interesting lofi pedals in his garage about 10 years ago, but then disappeared.

He made a large blue lofi delay pedal, lots of knobs. It was light blue and about the size of the Deluxe Memory Man. Looked homemade. Forgot the name but it may have had ‘Luna’ or Lunar’ in it, and maybe ‘Moon’ or ‘Ocean’ or ‘Waves’. It’s not the DMB, Caline, or Mooer pedal.

I had the YouTube demo video saved but deleted those long ago.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: iirc, it was $250 or $300, which was a lot back then.

In case no one knows, you could try the JHS That Pedal Show community, maybe try them in the chat of on of their videos. Those peeps are pedal crazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it the Biological Moon by any chance?

Some video embeds here: ilovefuzz.com • View topic - Biological Moon

4 Likes

The finish looks eerily similar, but it’s not. The pedal was slightly larger and was wedged-shaped, iirc. That one looks interesting, will check out the videos.

Thanks guys, I’ll take take @lesstalkmoredisco’s advice and ask the JHS community.

It’s been on my mind for a while now, since recently I’ve been listening to the instant-BoC pedals that are popular here these days. Hmm, it wasn’t as old as the Zvex. May have had some sort of buffer manipulation. Lots of switches too. Anyway, I’m rambling. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hehe, too bad. I didn’t know that pedal before. I just got curious and started googling stuff with your keywords “large blue lofi delay pedal” and adding luna and then moon.

Do let us know if you stumble on the one you were looking for.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve put together a list of different delay pedals. Maybe you find it useful

If anyone has suggestions for future videos, I’m curious to hear your recommendations.

Not a pedal, but I recently bought an Enjoy Electronics Reminder Delay/Filter/Reverb. As a multi-effects unit it covers a fair amount of ground, in quite a unique way. It sounds incredible (much more so than the available online demos) but sometimes I’m left scratching my head over what it’s doing or how I could make use of it in my circumstances. The problem is that I’m only using an Op-1 and the Reminder is too much to have across a whole mix. I’m not someone that multitracks, so it’s an issue.

You can play the Reminder itself like an instrument, so it’s much more involved than most of the current reverb and delay pedals. So I’m contemplating getting another Wavedrum and using them together, rather than using it for my Op-1 tracks.

1 Like

Never heard of this. Thanks for the tip. I’ve been browsing for reverbs for my Pro2 and this could be the thing I’m looking for.

1 Like

It’s quite expensive though.

The Reverb’s not it’s main function and is relatively limited, but as a set of interlinked effects it’s really interesting and fun.

Let’s be honest… most hobbies ain’t cheap.

1 Like

True. And I do feel it’s really good value for what’s on offer.

Did you get that one from Andertons? I’ve been curious about it though not sure I need it. Need it. Ha ha

1 Like

I bought from Juno. I flick between Juno & Andertons but if i see Andertons only have 1 in stock i avoid it, as it’s probably shop floor/demo stock.

The thing is, i’d say we don’t really need all those single fx pedals, but this in some ways is more versatile. It’s also a weird machine in some ways too. Not exactly essential, but perhaps something you didn’t realise you’d want until you’ve played with it. I’m usually quick to get rid of gear i don’t need but this really feels special & unique in some ways. It’s beautiful & well built & i simply enjoy having it around.

1 Like

Here’s a demo video of the BOSS RV-500. Maybe you find it useful:

1 Like

This sounds really cool.
Love the artifacts.

1 Like