Reverb FREQ and GAIN paremeters

Hi, I was reading manual several times and it’s still unclear for me how FREQ and GAIN paremeters work. I’ll be greatful for a feedback. Regards!

Its a shelving filter - so you influence the high frequencies of the reverb tail. Frequencies above will be shaped down.
With GAIN you set the amount of dampening of the frequencies above the Frequency you can adjust with the FREQ parameter. You have to change both to hear it.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. One more question, what is correlation with HPF and LPF then?

I was puzzling over this just recently. If you turn up DEC, which is like FDBK on the Delay, you can hear that FREQ and GAIN will shape the reverb that’s feeding back.

Because reverb’s HPF and LPF have no effect on pre-existing reverb, I think it means it’s filtering the initial signal that goes into the reverb from the tracks. (Delay works differently—HPF and LPF filter the feedback instead or in addition.)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It is exactly as I thought. But I need to admit it is not intuitive, at least to me.

It’s handy, though, because it gives you 3 different frequency responses:

• Dry
  • Initial reverb
  • Reverb tail (same or darker)
3 Likes

You are right. Thanks!