Reverb pedal advice

the Source Audio Collider is good too as you can mix match verbs and delays, even swap them out for other verb algorithms etc very configurable and great middle option

1 Like

I bought a BOSS RV500 pedal after watching some YouTube videos with it on synthsā€¦ Iā€™ve had it 4 months and never even taken it out the box yet duh!
Iā€™m sure itā€™ll sound nice when I eventually hook it up to something.

2 Likes

what I really need is a room, hall, plate, maybe ambiance.
dedicated controls for Low and Hi frequency tuning, predelay. and thatā€™s almost it.
i want to keep as simple as possible while retaining the HQ :slight_smile:

Yes, and Iā€™d like true stereo because I donā€™t want to loos the paning of my signals

Definitely Ventrisā€¦ Which is somewhat of a bargain compared to some of the options above! I use it alllll the time

Those are literally the knobs on Ventris :+1::+1:

2 Likes

The thing with pedals especially reverb is that there can be a lot of things under the hood, subfunctions, I donā€™t want that.
I want everything nice and accessible, and the buttons actually reflecting my current parameters. more for a live usage.

Ventris is a great device.

The go to controls are immediate and enough to shape the sound. Thereā€™s a software interface if you fancy diving deeper or checking out the presets that are out there. Butā€¦I would say the pedal has everything you need physically to get it to sound fabulous without the need for the software.

The fact it is a dual reverb is a great bonus for combining things in interesting ways. However, I find it easy to choose the reverb type, turn the dials, love the sound, move on.

1 Like

PM me if you are in Europe and interested in a Source Audio Collider (embodying most popular engines from Ventris reverb and Nemesis delay, can run as a stereo or as a dual mono reverb). Like new, never gigged. Not yet listed here, but preparing for listing later today.

Edit: listed nowā€¦

1 Like

Empress Reverb is my favourite. Really hands on and versatile, I think.

Sometimes but honestly pedals are usually straightforward. Thatā€™s why I suggested Space though - from what you said, I wouldnā€™t recommend Meris in your case as all their knobs usually have unlabelled secondary functions.

1 Like

What do you think is the advantage of dual reverb? I canā€™t figure how I would use it

Interest of the dual reverb is for example to run separate reverbs for two mono synths.

Just posted in the marketplace section:

F/EU - Source Audio Collider Delay+Reverb like new - 280 EUR + shipping

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-f-eu-source-audio-collider-delay-reverb-280eur-shipping/147708

EDIT: SOLD WITHIN 2 HOURS :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, you can run two mono signals in to access the two reverbs separately, or run 2 reverbs in parallel with one input signal. Or 2 in sequence from one source.

You can mix the amounts from each reverb so you can have a touch of once type and a touch of another. I find doing this gently can be really rewarding. Or go a bit crazy and create massive textures.

I tried the empress. while I found that the effects were OK, I didnā€™t like the param knobs, not knowing what you ar tweaking without having the manualā€¦
I also found that I like subtle reverbs, and small amounts were sometimes difficult to dial in. I mean these pedals have huge ranges of effect and really tiny knobs!

I see. this is no 2*stereo reverbs.

1 Like

I hope it operates in true stereo?
some pedals seem to work differently. for example I was told that the OTO BAM was artificially creating stereo, so that I would loose my stereo paning if I send a stereo signal into it

Iā€™ve got the BAM too.

Iā€™m not sure about operating in true stereo but I know that it sounds great too. Very different to the Ventris. The BAM is harsh but in a musical way thatā€™s really pleasing. I find the Ventris to be cleaner and smoother, but again in a really pleasing way.

1 Like

it seems glorious on synths :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah - you can go to Bladerunner-esue joy in 5 seconds!

1 Like

If you have a mixer with FX send or some sort of signal blending you can also check studio reverb in rack 19".
I had a Yamaha SPX2000, many different sounding reverb from lofi to hi-fi and cheap on used maket (300ā‚¬ on audiofanzine). Also you can check some Lexicon PCM serie. Never tested but it seem to be very good sounding reverb.

2 Likes