Reverb pedal advice

thanks,
sorry that I did not mention it, but I want as much portability as possible . this is for my live setup :slight_smile: that is why I would prefer a pedal

1 Like

same quality of algos/ reverbs than in the Ventris?

Yes, as far as I know the Collider has exactly the same algorithms as the Ventris, but a more limited selection: room, hall, true spring, plate, shimmer, e-dome, and swell

EDIT: JUST SOLD MINE… :slight_smile:

yes and you can swap the algo’s out for others easily using USB conneciton

1 Like

Exactly that. No worries about messing with secondary functions on the Space, it‘s all right there in front of you.

Pedals like the Boss RV-500 or Meris Mercury 7 are definitely much more involved and „menu-divy“ (in the case of the RV500) - and a Ventris will have you fine tune your algos in their app if you‘re inclined that way…but the Space is as straight forward as it gets for a big box (all of the Eventide pedals in that form factor actually).

Alternatively, if it doesn‘t HAVE to be a pedal, you could also get a Lexicon MPX1 (rack unit) or something along those lines. I find with deeper functions on a reverb (algo tweaking), it‘s more a „tweak it once and forget about it“ thing than eg with modulation controls (which eg on the Mercury 7, as @finalform mentioned, are all layered onto knobs as (unlabelled) secondary functions…which I understand is what you want to avoid).

1 Like

I haven’t used it but I will tell you what you want to hear. The cxm 1978 looks sick. Motorized faders get me every time.

1 Like

I could see why the Eventide Space might interest you, as it does have dedicated knobs for Low and Hi frequency EQ, as well as predelay (labled “Delay”). It has 10 knobs and no “hidden knobs” -which I think is great for quick adjustments. And yes it does have room, hall, plate, in addition to the weirdo ones.

My H9 Max has all the Space algorithms - and thus the same sounds. No more than 10 parameters per algorithm, each corresponding to a single knob. Makes my OP-1 sound huuuggeeee

2 Likes

I went for a great deal on a new Ventris ( 330 Euros ), though there is 13 weeks of wait before getting it :woozy_face:

As many helped me realize, the Ventris seem to be on the clean/modern side like I wanted,
it is easy to use but versatile, can go deep with the software, signal rooting setups, and full midi implementation.

Thank you all for your help!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find it is with the wait. It’s a great sounding reverb with plenty of immediacy or depth depending on your needs.

1 Like

Alright… I love reverb. And I love to feed a nice mono analog synth through it. Karp, AS1, Monologue, Matriarch, SH01a…
I have a Ventris and a Moods for that. Boss RV6 too, plus a Zoom MS70CDR.

Now, which one next? Walrus R1 or Red Panda Context 2? I can’t decide, both sound gorgeous.

Someone tried both? What’s your impression, which one do you prefer and why?

Ok…someone did a fantastic Video with the Walrus r1. Sounds lovely!

Alright alright, I am answering my own question here, or should I say …not…,but daaaaamn Context is gorgeous too!

Here are some more demos. Maybe you find it useful:

Walrus Audio R1

UAFX Golden Reverberator

Red Panda Context 2

GFI Specular Tempus

and the fantastic Empress Reverb (which would be my favourite)

Not your big, all encompassing boxes, but seem nice none the less *Mono

Hungry Robot - The Borderlands

Quiet Theory - Prelude

Anyone have an opinion on the UA Golden Reverbarator? Looking for a good pedal for guitar and use with the fold backs on the SiX.

I was interested in this pedal, the emt140 patches were most intriguing. However, the poly beebo has mind blowing convolution reverbs, and has probably 20 different emt140 impulse responses that sound incredible. And theres so many more IRs to recreate the most classic reverbs such as the lexicons etc. And several instances came be placed in parallel etc. The options are endless.

Beebo is $450 which, considering all the other fx (+synth and looper etc) is a really good deal. But from what I’m experiencing, its worth it for the reverbs alone. There are some bugs but they definitely dont affect the main fx.

There are so many different recommendations here, and I’m going to throw my own in - Neunaber Wet or Seraphim. As with a lot of Neunaber pedals, you can upload a bunch of different algorithms into them - even turning the Wet into a Seraphim or vice versa - and this allows for a lot of flexibility. However the core Wet sound is absolutely stunning. The basic Wet algorithm functions nicely as a standard plate at lower feedback levels and becomes a dripping, cavernous monster at higher levels. The Seraphim speciality is a shimmer, and the later pedals have a footswitch that can be held down to engage a secondary function - the Wet allows for infinite feedback and for the Seraphim the hold function engages the octave for shimmer fun. There are stereo versions of these pedals for those who want a bit more flexibility - the stereo reverb algorithms are worth the extra cash. The Neunaber Slate is the first one I had, which is the same as the others but without any logos so you can write on it in pen. I sold it for a stereo Seraphim. You can also change the algorithms into a delay or even a chorus. Thinking of getting a stereo Slate again. :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree. I have Immerse Mk2 and it just has beautiful color of sound. I think it also works good on drums (but don’t remember if it has Gated verb algorithm).

If nobody minds, here are some funny techno noodlings with Neunaber as send fx. It’s mostly Wet and sometimes other algos:

1 Like

That’s cool, thanks for sharing! I forgot all about the Immerse, that has the W3T (Wet 3) algorithm which I haven’t tried yet. Been thinking of getting one as a send effect for Ableton Live but then I remember that Live comes with those delicious convolution verbs…

1 Like

Idk if anyone has mentioned it but the merc7 by meris is a great stereo reverb and the vongon ultrasheer is fantastic! I have been using both on and off with my synth setup and both do a great job.

Looking for a quaility reverb to play nice with my setup.
So far I’m looking at the UAFX Golden, CXM, Eventide Space and Vongon Ultrasheer.

The first use case would be putting it on the Perofurmer MKII to bring out some extra life. Second use case would be putting it on my drum machines to glue them together and get them sounding lush.

Any suggestions?