Ridiculous newb DAW sync question

Apologize for this, but it’s such a general question that I get broad answers that don’t seem to pertain to my query. This must be a very basic question, but when I am connected digitakt to DAW with overbridge, I have DAW set to control transport for record. then I record a bit, if i want to playback what I recorded, it also plays the digitakt again. Is there a standard basic way of quickly switching off transport control like that, without menu diving, so that I can hear what was recorded without triggering the digitakt?

Unplug the wire or mute the tracks. Had the same experience with octatrack, always wondered what it would take to build a little midi kill switch to save turning midi on and off but I’m lazy

1 Like

Thanks, I felt legit dumb even asking this question, but yeah I suppose muting tracks is the answer.

There are no stupid questions mate. Might be worth dropping a feature request regarding overbridge though cause automuting on DAW playback would be a very useful addition if only as a preferences option

1 Like