RIP Vangelis

I’m gonna dig into the new Arturia CS80v4 today in honor of our fallen synth lord. Very sad news. :cry:

11 Likes

Love his work with Aphrodite’s Child. Rest in peace.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Can’t remember who said that thing about how we die once, then again when people stop saying our name.

Based on that logic, Vangelis is basically immortal.

20 Likes

the master sleeps, the world weeps

8 Likes

:weary:

That’s from coco isn’t it - didn’t clock you for a Pixar kinda guy.

1 Like

I think chariots of fire might be the first piece of music I remember hearing. I can’t say I know more than his most famous stuff - but what I do know is in there for good - and I’m better for it.

3 Likes

Damn, Bladerunner was such an amazing score, in years to come I think people will still be enjoying it, what a legacy. RIP.

3 Likes

Another maestro gone, not to be replaced. What with Richard H Kirk and Klaus Schulze passing, I’m personally fed up with this disgusting new trend

5 Likes

Legend.

3 Likes

Always encouraging when even a complete synth master like Vangelis still does the finger wobble when playing keys like many of us do when it makes no difference to the sound!

Sad to read of his passing. Not going to pretend that I know lots of his stuff but what I did know was incredible. He also had a habit of appearing on or writing songs I had no idea he was involved with until I saw a YouTube vid or read about it

3 Likes

I’m gonna play the CS80V4 tonight. My 21 gun salute

3 Likes

It is my belief that all religions that discuss immortality and life after death are talking about this rather than anything physical or “spiritual”.

1 Like

RIP to a true innovator. How many of us here have been totally transfixed by the Bladerunner soundtrack? It’s such an iconic work. Thank you Vangelis, for all that you have created. True inspiration.

4 Likes

Dieter says delete.

3 Likes

:sob: :broken_heart:

3 Likes

RIP!
I’ve always really loved this, among others:

10 Likes

Same. Its gorgeous.

Name a better introduction to a cinematic world. Ill wait. Would never have worked nearly as well without that epic score.

8 Likes

Legions of imitators across records, film scores, youtube pastiches, and synth demos. No matches. Sui Generis

4 Likes