RIP Wayne Shorter

10 Likes

So sad :’( Speak No Evil is one of my favorites jazz records, and its work in thr Miles Davis Quintet is astonishing too.

5 Likes

Damn. RIP. One of my favorite horn players ever.

2 Likes

Ugh that is gutting. To think of all the revolutionary projects he was involved in is mind boggling. He had so much versatility, and played so smartly. And one helluva composer. :rose:

4 Likes

Oh boy. Saw him playing live with the quartet few years ago. That will always be one of the most moving and memorable concerts I’ve been to.

Thanks for a whole life full of musical history, Wayne!

2 Likes

Rest easy Wayne. Loved his work with Miles’s Davis. Also great stuff with Art Blakey. An amazing talent and a great career.

3 Likes

Oof. Rest in exploration, Wayne. Legendary human. Musical titan.

1 Like

I missed this. One of, if not the most, regrettably missed shows of my life.

1 Like

I saw him few years ago with Herbie Hancock at l’Olympia in Paris. It was great!

R.I.P Wayne …

6 Likes

RIP. Legend.

1 Like

WoW! Introduced to Wayne Shorter via Miles records. RIP.

1 Like
3 Likes

His compositions have a mysterious quality about them

2 Likes
4 Likes

I’m wrecked! I studied tenor sax in college and transcribed dozens of his solos. Saw him live with Herbie and got my mind blown. I listen to him several times a week. What a legend. Damn.

4 Likes

ugh. RIP you absolute legend.

2 Likes

Sad, sad … Need to hear Nefertiti
R.i.p

1 Like

Brilliant contributor the Second Great Quintet for Miles Davis fans, and his role within Weather Report offered a wonderful organic complement to Zawinul’s synths and the percussive rhythm sections. A mercurial talent.

4 Likes

What an amazing life and legacy!

3 Likes

R. I. P. Legend
This is a whole era of my musical journey and inspiration that just went.
Huge fan of Weather Report.

2 Likes