RME UFX - Still worth it?

For a home studio with a bunch of synths. There is one for 990€. Or should just go with something newer like UCX2?

I’ve had the UFX since just after it came out and it’s still going strong. It has been rock solid and I would not think twice about buying another RME interface.

3 Likes

The answer is Yes

1 Like

My RME interface is the best interface I’ve ever had. Best preamps, lowest noise, most stable. I doubt you can go wrong

3 Likes

RME is worth it for sure. Have my fireface 802 for around 8 or 9 years. Still runing without any problems. The rme mixer has all the routing options one could need to add adat and the digi check analyzer is still the best analyzer i‘ve used. It gives you a good visual feedback about the sound without any latency. You see is what you hear.

1 Like

If there is one thing I have learned about RME it’s that their older products are every bit as valid and great as the newer ones

2 Likes

Nothing but praise for RME interfaces, rock solid and the onboard matrix mixer is essential in my studio (and probably anybody’s studio who wants the I/O count that the UFX has). They support their devices for a really, really long time and older devices are still extremely reliable. That is a good price.

1 Like

i still use 2 multiface II in tandem, 12 years and going strong. long discontinued, drivers are still being updated. best investment ever.

1 Like

Pretty much impossible to get the bigger units brand new at this point (chip shortage still perhaps?), so if it’s got the IO you need, you won’t be disappointed. As others have mentioned, they’re rock solid.

Same. My echo audiofire finally died and I needed a main hub interface with headphone / monitor outs. First I tried the Motu 828 ES. I could not get it to work correctly with my system and I have extensive experience trouble shooting this stuff. After 3 days I gave up entirely and sent it back and picked up a second hand RME UFX for the same price. I’m glad I did. It just works and it has 2 ADAT ins so I’ve added two Focusrite Clarett Octopre to increase the number of inserts. This was the most cost and space efficient way to get more ins for me. A 24 channel desk might have been a better all in one but I haven’t the space.

Well, I chime in to praise RME.
they make longliving products and don´t forget
to support them when they get old !
Would always recommend them.

1 Like

That sounds a bit like my journey I upgraded my system and bought a Motu 828 that was never stable so I swapped it out for the Fireface 400 then upgraded to the UFX. I still have the FF400 and it still works and I use it as a backup.

1 Like

Well, now I have it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to you, what RME interface should I buy between the Fireface UC, the Babyface Pro and the Babyface Pro FS?

It would be my first interface and I would like it to last for a few years. The Fireface Uc would be my first choice, but it’s 12 years old - don’t think Rme will support it any longer.

Beside that, I have a question that could look dumb. If I use the Total Mix software but don’t get the audio inside the computer (i. e. If I use the interface only as a mixer) will the audio still pass through the ad/da converters or the signal path still remains analog all the way? Just curious

Once it hits total mix im pretty sure it’s converted to digital. Get the interface with the most i/o. Rmes last forever.