Roland SH-4b prototype leak, the SH-4d bass Synthesizer brother?

5 Likes

me want

1 Like

Not sure about that translation…

6 Likes

But it really brings up an important question…

Do 3 dragon test works?

7 Likes

Looks like a chill Korg Super Section:grimacing:

8 Likes

Hopefully more like

s-l500

Than a cheap Korg arranger…

8 Likes

Roland homebrew, reminds me of those magazine kits from the 70s…

Well that’s japanese you’re translating but the translator is set to Chinese (Taiwan).

1 Like

I was thinking new 202 as well, looks a lot like one.

My dude Paul Birken has the most modded out 202 you’ve ever seen. That sequencer is a mystery for those brave synth nerds, who like to decipher the most obscure methods possible to make a sound. And it sounds great, if you can make it scream. Hopefully they’ve made it a lot easier to program, for the punters. LoL

1 Like

It roughly translates to “training for new employees, made prototype”.

2 Likes

Confusing cos there is the sh101 model in the sh-4d…

新入社員が研修で作った試作品

It says ‘a prototype made by new recruits in training’

Could imply ‘a prototype’ or ‘the prototype’, hard to tell without any context.

1 Like

Weird that they’d introduce a different form factor. I doubt we’ll see this product in this form.

If UDO drops a synth in this form factor then my wallet is in trouble

1 Like

Looks nice

I wonder what sh-4a and sh-4c looked like?

1 Like

Which might suggest this photo means absolutely nothing. Training excercise for new employees. Thats all. No new product to get all drippy for.

Go back to your prescheduled GAS stations.

3 Likes

Without wanting to be rude about that young student’s project, it looks like a dog’s dinner. I’d imagine it’s some kid’s on the job masters project or something.

Whatever it is, it’d better have freely assignable LFOs or it’s out of the water before the baby or whatever.

2 Likes

Pretty standard for Roland to make 2 versions of stuff nowadays, like a large & a little, ie MC 707 - 101, TR8s - TR6s.

SH-4d is a different form to any of their other gear, so it makes sense for the SH-4b to do it’s own thing too