Roland SP-555 and Card Compatibility

Are there any Roland SP-555 users on here, and if so, what card are you using?

If you have one of these machines and are using a 2GB capacity card without issues, please give me details of the card, or better still, post a photo of the actual card you’re using.

Buggered if I can get my machine to accept a card. I press the button combination used to initiate ‘Card Format’ but all it does is sit there looking cool, acting as if I haven’t pressed anything!

https://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1623

2 Likes

Cheers mate, but already seen that thread and in fact took recommendations from it. That said, I suppose it could have been that the card was bad. They seem to be pretty certain of the Ultra II and Extreme III in that thread.

I’ll pull it out of the attic again, have another look. I’m unsure whether it was Ultra or Extreme I tried but it was definitely one of those and can’t remember what the other two were. I think I thew them out in sheer bloody frustration!

Checked again and it was an Extreme III I was using, not an Ultra II.

I’ve ordered an Ultra II and will let ya’ll know if it works. It seems to be the most likely if that thread is anything to go by, so I hope does!

The Extreme III I have is a 4GB though, so that doesn’t necessarily mean the expected 2GB version would not have worked. I just want to be clear about that in case the 2GB versions work, and if I recall, some did have success with such a card.