Roland TR-06 Boutique

If you’ve listened to a 606 hihat for a month you’ll have serious dips in your hearing range.

2 Likes

Wanted to keep the authenticity. So we changed it.

:rofl:

Hi everybody.
Someone can tell me how does the muting system work:
it’s a trig mute or a audio mute?
Thanks

must… resist…

1 Like

Iterative design, models are always improving.

Also, no two TR-606 units sound the same so changing it really does make it authentic. :slight_smile:

No one here other than @cuckoomusic has a unit yet, and the manual doesn’t provide clarity on this subject. So maybe he can advise.

I think it’s trig mute, if I’m not mistaken. So long drum sounds will ring out after a mute… I think.

3 Likes

This thread seems the most appropriate place for this:
I was interviewed briefly for an article about the TR-606 on Roland.com
It’s a big honor to be mentioned alongside a list of very influential artists who have used the 606.

30 Likes

Nice! Glad to see that the BD got a mention in the article, I prefer 606 BD to 909 BD most of the time, it is more plosive than thump but in tracks with deep bass it works great I think.

1 Like

I agree.
more of a bouff!
than a doof! or an untz!

4 Likes

Exactly… so unless they are improving/ remodelling the exact same TR 606 everytime … authenticity is totally moot.

Anyway, by know folks have got the hint, the ACB TR drum machines are legit.

Just been playing around with the plugin version. Sounds very good to me.

1 Like

I love the gain parameters.
So much tone variation.

Just makes me want my TR-06 preorder to ship already! :slight_smile:

Still available :

:innocent:

Yeah - just pushing the kick and snare a little has a very nice effect on the sound.

Same re: the preorder, I was promised mine before the end of the month…

I think I saw they got some 6s’ in too.

Yes.

in at juno in the uk.

1 Like

you’d be surprised. People still say “bUt VsT iN a BoOoXxXx!” or that they sound fake, or some other stupid excuse, when they haven’t even touched any of the boutiques, and likely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

2 Likes

My friends did Software/Hardware comparisons with JP-08 and JU-06 and they swear it sounds the same.

1 Like