Roland TR-06 Boutique

I just love delay.

3 Likes

unnamed

Howā€™s the reverb though? Usable for drums? I generally like shorter plate-y, small room reverbs for drums. I could see how those arenā€™t great for TB-03.

I figure with the gain per instrument, i wonā€™t need drive, and the bd/sd compressor will be in use full time once mine arrives. Ideally Iā€™d like to run Typhon right through it to avoid the mixer and use either delay or reverb on TR-06, while using the opposite on Typhon. Pretty rad that you can control FX send level independently for the external input.

Yes. Yes. Exactly.

2 Likes

The reverb is very 80ā€™s sounding, I like it but I definitely think it is not everyones cup of tea, it seems to have a few parameters under the rate knob, I have not analysed it in any detail though.

Maybe Iā€™m just lucky, but I connected the 06 via USB to my Mac, even just via unpowered hub, and I hear no noise, groundloop whatsoever
Did they step up their audio via USB game?

1 Like

IME the USB noise is apparent only if using audio cable and USB with some devices, all my boutiques audio is over USB via MX-1 mixers and I donā€™t have any noise issues at all on any of them using them like that.

Hmm ok. no clue. Anyway it seems I can power tr06, mc101 and komplete kontrol keyboard with an unpowered usb hub. and audio and midi of the rolands seems fine too. Pretty cool

Hope it is no problem for the mac to power them all three

Sigh If only the 06 came out before the 09.
Anyone wanna swap an 09 for an 06? No? Thought notā€¦
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Recently sold my second 09 for ā‚¬550 on Reverb. Pretty sure you can get rid of it for more than a new 06.

2 Likes

After waiting over a month for Zzounds to ship my preorder, I saw Sam Ash had 10 in stock, via Amazon.

So after a preorder cancellation and putting in a new order, mine will be arriving in two days!

I am quite excited to see what kind of battery-powered, mixer-less electro I can get working with TR-06 and Typhon. :robot:

4 Likes

I might be too late, but the 15% off coupon code NOV15 works on TR-06 at ProAudioStar.

OTOH, its on preorder status there.

1 Like

YIKES. they let me apply that to a Prophet 5 too.

this is troubleā€¦

Same for me. Canā€™t wait to pair them together. Iā€™m waiting for my TR-06 to arrive as I didnā€™t order one when they were first available in Montreal (Canada). I sold a couple of things before getting this duo.

Got the tr06 today from Sweetwater. No idea if mine is buggy or not, but a lot of buttons wonā€™t work. Read the manual and I own the tr08 and 09 as well as most of the other boutiques.

The menu and step loop button do nothing when I press them, no matter what mode Iā€™m in. A few other things donā€™t seem to work, and because I canā€™t use those buttons a lot of the functions arenā€™t available to me. Any ideas?

Super cool machine and I wish the other drum machines had this functionality. Might have to send this back tho. Did a factory reset and all that.

Does Roland tend to have decent customer service?

First port of call should be the shop you bought it from. Standard retail stuff.
I find taking a quick video and sending that in with your email gets refunds/exchanges done real quick.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the onboard FX are great to have on the 03, and compensate for its weak spots soundwise. I managed to get the TD-3 closer to the original than the 03, but I find the 03 more enjoyable to play around with. Even the weird reverb is nice to have on hand to throw in now and again for that spontaneous early Plastikman feel, with no extra cables or routing required. I wasnā€™t particularly interested in the 03 until a good deal came my way, but Iā€™m glad I went for it. Anything it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in fun.

3 Likes

Send it back to Sweetwater and request a replacement.

3 Likes

Just got mine yesterday, and it is as fun as I imagined it would be. The hi-hats sound better to me than the TR-8Sā€™s. I was using its reverb on my Erica Synths DB-01 while muting drum parts on the 06, and it was a blast; my favorite Boutique so far.

2 Likes

In what way? More hyped/cutting like the Acidlab Drumatix?