Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

At least keep them black.

1 Like

and after the MKII update during the next months with releases in Aug/Sep/Oct we will see a new box for christmas. thatā€™s logic to me, isnā€™t it? :blush:

1 Like

Hmmmmā€¦I REALLY like grey AND the square shape(circles are the essence of chaos) BUT the machines are only getting (mostly) cosmetic upgrades

Decisionsā€¦Shallow GAS

1 Like

I was going to buy both A4 / AR (second hand) to go along with my OT. What do you guys think I should do? Maybe hold on an wait for the mk2 version and the guarantee that comes with a new product ?

honestly Rytm MK2 makes zero sense to me right now as its still super new

3 Likes

Maybe if they added a larger screen on it and the A4?

It makes sense if you are trying to standardise parts for procurement and productionā€¦

1 Like

I think this will definitely happen, itā€™s just a question of how soon. Yes theyā€™ll want to standardise parts, but theyā€™ll also want to sell all the stock / components they have already.

Ultimately, if RYTM MKii is similar to Octatrack MKii then nobody needs to worry. Theyā€™re sufficiently similar that people with a MKi arenā€™t missing out, and if you want one RIGHT NOW then thereā€™s nothing to suggest itā€™s worth holding back for an indefinite amount of time for a MKii unless youā€™re super keen on the new style.

I doubt weā€™ll see RYTM MKii this year. Makes sense that A4 MKii would be first.

exactly - I think even the OT mk2, is more about manufacturing, than ā€˜refreshing the imageā€™ etc.
also a mk2 makeover to the A4 and Rytm will make the OT mk2 look even more like a ā€˜currentā€™ Elektron offering, more cohesive branding.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if all 3 were updated at the same time, perhaps announced at summer NAMM in a couple of weeks. (Elektron have a booth - so I think that was the intended ā€˜announcementā€™ event)

I think the AK would perhaps be a harder/more involved redesign - so perhaps they would like to save the ā€˜oldā€™ parts for new AKs for the moment.

Slowly we get there, where the guitar market has been already for decades ā€¦

New instruments are new, if they have a new painting or finish. If this makes us happy, why not :wink:

1 Like

i donā€™t really see what could be new on a rytm mkIIā€¦small screen, yes, but i hardly ever even LOOK at it, as I know where everything is alreadyā€¦
yeah, enough ā€œMark IIā€ fever.

1 Like

Non-terrible pads would be the super-obvious thing, along with a better USB implementation and more useful external inputs.

3 Likes

I googled ā€œanalog four mkiiā€ and ā€œanalog rytm mkiiā€. In both cases I got a hit on the same polish webshop that the screen grab was supposedly taken from. So yeah, sounds legit to me. Why not?

1 Like

yeaā€¦ it shows up in the summary on google search resultsā€¦ no trace of it on the actual page thoā€¦ so probably removed, but still cached in the google thing?

Analog four at thomann.de Germany now also for 899,- Strangly Octatrack didnĀ“t went down with the price.

1 Like

cached version:

no further info or pics but itā€™sā€¦ something.

1 Like

The A4 MKII seems to be listed as well

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:oJj1eemmfssJ:https://skylark.com.pl/sklep-muzyczny-dj/

AFAIK skylark is a well known shop here in Poland. But I have no idea if this is an error or a leak.

Let me seeā€¦ sampling ? Input handling?
:smile:

ā€¦a sign! rytm is out of stock and the prices are falling