Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

now if only an authorized dealer would drop the OT MK1 price…

It was a used one off reverb- that one for 800 or so. Reverb is doing a 15% deal this weekend. If that ones available still- do that.

Good luck!

1 Like

I saw one for $829 new on Reverb, but when I tried to check out, there was no slot to enter a coupon code. :frowning:

Maybe the gods are telling me to wait for the MKII :innocent:

Not everything can use the code.
BUT If you think the MK2 is worth $400 more then sure, maybe it is a sign :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a separate search bar or icon you can click on to search through the people accepting the special.

Maybe the seller moved it to not accept the special?

With some luck I sold my AR a couple of weeks ago.
Thank the ar gods for that!

Anyway the mk2s will be interesting to see.
I’d love more knobs!

1 Like

I believe the Mk II’s will be only a matter of using the same parts for all boxes, for the most part. I doubt the UIs will change significantly. However, if they can improve overbridge performance with minor USB hardware tweaks, I’m sure they will attempt it.

Are there new investors onboard elektron? I see two big themes for mk II (just speculating here obvs):

1. Having r&d’d the new displays, buttons and encoders, switch to using them exclusively (profit margins, having too many diff parts is costly)

2. Overbridge will be even more important in the future for elektron, so everything possible must be made in order to perfect the tech ASAP, including revising the USB hardware and more aggressive software dev in the future (funded by ob premium etc)

If this means us consumers will get better performing boxes in the future, I am all for it. If the mk II revisions are minor, it will not eat into R&D time for developing all-new products either, it will just change how they support their existing products.

1 Like

Good insight there. Thanks. All about the parts and scalability then?
Yes new investors via hedge fund.

If there are new investors, they want scalability, because once they get more people addicted to elektron paradigms (via “vogue” entry level bits like the DT?), they will need to be able to churn out more units as the userbase starts growing. I recall similar signs with Universal Audio back in the day, things started to change around the time the Apollo line was introduced.

Are you sure? With Digitakt OB still not released or even shown anywhere and OT mk2 not even supporting OB, I believe they may be discontinuing Overbridge in the not too distant future. It probably requires too much resources to keep it working with various hardware setups and windows / OSX versions. If they were really believing in Overbridge, surely their new flagship OT mk2 would support it.

Discontinuing Overbridge doesn’t make any sense nor is it feasible.

The digitakt ob could be the new r&d dev target for future elektron products, which could explain the delay. I think they want to expand on the ob features (like including the sequencer side to the VST/AU), and doing this takes time.

OT mk II will supposedly not have ob, but perhaps this is just to keep the tooling/pcb/etc changes to the OT as minimal as possible. Here again it could simply be a matter of legacy OT firmware code - bear in mind that OT OS was never designed with overbridge functionality in mind. Any OS rewrite to allow OT to have ob might be too big of a task to pull off.

1 Like

Care to elaborate? I can think of several reasons why it would make sense - OB requires a lot of resources in development and support, generates bad press when it’s not working properly, makes it harder to focus on hardware development, most people already own audio interface etc.

I respectfully disagree 100% and think you will see OB in every new product Elektron releases (OT mk II doesn’t count of course).
They have invested too much already, it would be silly to stop developing it, and the reality is ITS AWESOME

1 Like

It would be awesome if it worked. Unfortunately the reality is it doesn’t work well for many people. Personally, I have had lots of problems with A4 OB using both Windows and Mac computers. It’s just not stable enough for professional use. I think Elektron’s strength is in the hardware and they should focus on that.

And looking at the state of Digitakt OB (no release date given even though Digitakt itself has been out for over a month), seems OB is not a priority for Elektron anymore.

1 Like

OB was rock solid the whole time I used it with my AK / RYTM via Ableton. Plug n play for me.
A lot of external factors outside OB can also be at play and the cause if it doesn’t work. Not saying that is the case, but computers are complex machines and sometimes their wires get crossed and can cause problems

3 Likes

Me too and I have the last MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) with i7 kaby lake 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 Go 2133 MHz LPDDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 Mo + Radeon Pro 560 4096 Mo

I finally keep Apple because after spending time on pros and cons, price factor I would come back to windows on surface studio … and I will have to spend at least 1000€ more + loose of the software I buy who are not available on windows system… so… :frowning:

And Overbridge is even better to me. I can’t wait to see how it works in the upcoming update later this year.

But in this technology, computer is important too… so…

Sure, there can be many reasons why OB doesn’t work properly. But if the end result is that OB doesn’t work and a proper audio interface does on the same computer, Elektron gets the bad reputation.

Not much more I can say as it’s always worked for me, and difficult to give computer advice as there are too many system variations about.
I suspect the most common problem with OB would be a USB bottleneck, so maybe try removing all other USB devices, particularly USB hubs and see if that helps.

1 Like

No need for computer advice, I have plenty of experience with computers and have tried everything. OB just is unstable at times. Elektron support, while friendly, couldn’t find the cause either (I don’t envy them for having to try and solve these issues). And browsing through OB section of this forum, I can see I am not the only one with issues.