Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

Thomann seems to have a special deal with the A4 at 899. I have to discipline myself to not buy it and sell my AK for it.

Thatā€™s probably possible. But if they also update the USB bandwidth just a new UI board wonā€™t help because all the USB circuitry is sitting on the mainboard.

Plus they will probably price the topcase with UI board too high to make it worth it.

Just sold my rytm, a MK2 would make me buy it again, the grey looks great and i imagine a new button layout would make me cry with happiness :heart_eyes:

1 Like

yeah, youā€™re right. If that option is available it might not be too cheap. Iā€™m not too hopeful for any big revamps of the main board aside from maybe replacing a few soon-to-be-obsolete parts e.g. the 8581 DACs that spit out all the internal CVs. Faster USB would be nice though :slight_smile:

Wait so you JUST now sold it but the new buttons would make you buy it again?

People are nuts.

11 Likes

It is the little things :wink:

you just validated Elektronā€™s current ethos then :stuck_out_tongue: haha

I also sold the rytm but mostly because i did not use it as much as it should be used and i really like A4 for drums (for anything really). If mk2 had pads like the new mpc live that are less flashy I could be tempted down the road if some potential updates are alluring. I have found that i am not a fan of the light shows how practical they may be, so the buttons do not tempt. Another A4 for drums on the other hand with this new price in mind. :smile_cat:

Even when the mark 2ā€™s get released they will have epic price tags, probably above what they were before. If u were selling Iā€™d wait a while till the new ones are released so the prices can equalise. Selling second hand right now would be a dumb idea as the are worth more than what you would get.

1 Like

Once I realized the trig buttons also triggered the sounds on the Rytm, i started to just use them - the pads are too awful. I tweak velocity on the trigs if needed, which is not ideal.

MPC and Maschine pads are perfect, just copy them.

Trigs and pads both, thats how I roll (esp. for flams)

Something I do is set high retrig with velocity to sounds, and then p-lock them in the sequencer with retrig effectively turned off.

This way, I can play them in a fast retrig way live, sort of like a roll, as an overlaid flourish on top of my sequencing.

Whenever you see me hitting trig buttons here but not changing patterns, thatā€™s what is happening. Was a real a-ha moment.

5 Likes

Where are you located?

I saw that went missing. There was a 15% off deal. I checked out the price, you could get it shipped for 700 :open_mouth:

Yeah a good deal, but factor in a mkII may be released, and if so would you then regret it? Not sure, but worth considering I think.
I am not one to not buy a product because of some fantasy of an updated model on the horizon, but with the sudden reduced price and release of OT mk II a good chance an update may be released soon.
Personally I would hold out a little to see what happens.
The A4 wonā€™t go up in price and may drop even more?

Not sure if this is off topic but musicianā€™s friend is price matching that jrr shop A4 price if you call in (Iā€™m sure other large retailers will too). I had just ordered the dark trinity but Iā€™m sending back the OT and cancelling the AR (since it was back ordered). However 829 for a new A4 MK1 isnā€™t the worst thing in the world? (I still have 45 days to decide to boot it back too if it is :smiley: )

1 Like

Ryan, 700 what? U.S. or Euro? 700 Euro is right about the same as the $829 deal at JRR. But if it is $700 US then HOLY SHIT

Yep. USD. It was tempting, but Iā€™ve been buying all this gear-looks like someone got it though.

And good for them

Okay, so details ā€¦ where and how do I get it for $700 USD? Because I will pull the trigger now.

You can call them and try to get it lower but lets be real. Anything under 900 at this point is pretty awesome. Reg price wa $1249 just about 24 hours ago :slight_smile: