Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

Before everyone has a heart attack - this only exists because I had too much time on my hands this morning! :sunglasses::sweat_smile:

21 Likes

i am aware of the difference just like you are aware of what i was trying to say.

899,00 euro analog four on thomann it’s insane ! What a good deal if I have the money grrrrr :weary:

1 Like

The great thing with all these likely similary specified MK2 is that it’s a good sign that the OT/Analog serie are likely not considered in an end of life state within their product lifecycle. So we can hope for some more interesting updates in the future.

1 Like

JRR Shop has Analog Four right now for $829 US - new. That seems like an even more insane price than the 899,00 euro.

2 Likes

keep in mind that some countries like mine have a kind of holiday pay

in my case double the usual salary … this could explain to some extend the pleasing price for the A4 … another reason could be the summer slump … this could be an attempt to gain money from people who otherwise spent their money on vacation, traveling and so on

little offtopic: i’m just watching the demo of the A4 from elektron and realized that even back then they had problems with placing the buttons right (like it happened to the digitakt as well). check the arrows in the official demo vid :blush::

9 Likes

Quite a lot of them are doing so all over the world so this aligns with the MK2 speculations.

1 Like

i like your thoughts, but … you know … wishful thinking :slight_smile:

Not to be a negative Nancy but i find the new grey design way uglier than the black

1 Like

That’s alright. I’ll be Positive Paul! :innocent:

I think I like the black and red colour scheme more, but I vastly prefer the look of the new backlit buttons. makes for a much cleaner interface.

Think I will pull the trigger on the 899 A4 it’s too tempting …

4 Likes

I would do it if I had a buyer of my Analog Keys. I don’t have the room for the keys, and as such, it barely gets used :frowning:

Tried a mates A4 for the first time today. I think you will love it sir! A great box for sure, and drum synthesis sounded on point as well.

2 Likes

I got my price readjusted to little under $900 for the A4.
Free shipping and warranty (if) free shipping. Larger dealer but they are always nice to me so not complaining.
Super happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I already had it analog four then analog keys and then come back to analog four… for personal reasons. And few bucks lost in the process… hahaha

Maybe I will make black - grey - black (or) black - grey - grey I don’t know for now :joy:

My local retailer is stopping the sale of fullsize PL lids - Do you suppose the mk II’s might have something to do with this? The dimensions listed on the OT mk II page are ever so slightly different than on the mk I product page…

The $799 A4 I see on JRR Shop is USED. but the new one is $829 - still amazing.

1 Like

If it’s just the UI they’re updating then they could do that in theory. The whole UI is managed by its own microcontroller and connects to the main board via a single 2x8 press-fit header. If the new UI boards talk to the main micro in the exact same fashion and have similar or lower power requirements then it’d just be a matter of twisting four screws and plugging in the connector.

2 Likes